no shower during confinement

Does anyone here who practise no shower during 28days confinement? Or would be practising that after you deliver ? No shower and no hair washing for 28days

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I showered my body everyday with lots of care with the mentality of how we do skincare for our face. Poured warm prepared herbal bathwater from head to toe and massage scalp and back (acne is common there so pay attention) and legs, you really need to gently massage those aching joints after what you have been through for blood circulation and these herbal baths are meant for that. Please leave the scrubbing of the stained tiles/floor to your husband or confinement nanny to do, don't hurt your back doing it like me :) Then after shampoo and wash off as usual. Sometimes I use shower gel sometimes I don't because of hormonal imbalance and excess sebum. I do this once a day after first morning feeding OR afternoon feeding whenever my breasts are empty enough to pamper myself. I made it a point to blow-dry my hair too so hair will be lighter and less sticky. It's was the best month of rest, I don't get to do that anymore after my nanny left us.

Read more
VIP Member

Day 8/28, so far showered thrice with herbal bath prepared by nanny. Really want to stick to the confinement rules.... but after starting my post natal massage, feels so oily and uncomfortable 😓 Nanny said can only wash hair on the 12th day...... 🤢

I shower on alternate days with bath herbs after first week.. Cant stand nt showering after my massage started due to the oil and jamu herbs. I only washed my hair 3x during confinement. At end of week 2, week 3 and week 4

VIP Member

Showered immediately after received green light from gynae. But of course try to minimise putting on clothes under fan or aircon room.

I didn't shower for one week after giving birth. Hahaha. Subsequently, i will use those hock hua herbs to shower once every two days.

VIP Member

You can use the herbal bath. Very hard not to shower as at times you still need to go out and it’s super hot (for SG weather)

VIP Member

No i will never practice that.. in this century those are so outdated 🙄 No.shower is terrible. Hygenience is imp

I wont be practising that as hygiene is very important. Especially when you need to handle bby for breast feeding.

5y ago

Agree

VIP Member

I couldn't do it. Bathed immediately after I was discharged with herbal water prepared by confinement nanny

Super Mum