Shower during confinement

Do you mummies really not shower during the one month confinement? Won’t you feel uncomfortable with your hair being oily and body being dirty/sticky?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I brought the herbal bath in case my mum pop by my place by surprise. I will still shower as per normal. But, maybe 2-3days on herbs den normal for 30days. How to not to shower under this kind of weather unless I stay in the air-con room for 24/7.

TapFluencer

Will still shower. Is basic hygiene esp if u are breastfeeding. If u want to keep to the traditional what u can do is bathe during the day with Chinese herbs. Dry yourself properly before stepping out of the toilet.

Super Mum

My first shower after delivery was 10 days after. Subsequently I took a shower once every 2-3 days.. With herbs. I use dry shampoo for days I didnt shower and my hair was constantly in a bun..

TapFluencer

I took bath with medicated tea leaves. It is counter productive to not shower for a month. You can alternate bath and using dry shampoo but please take a bath

i showered once every 2days with herbs n try to blow dry my hair but most of the time i didn't but im completely fine lol 4mth pp tho

I dont think i can in weather like this in sg. Alrdy bought herbal bath packs need shower everyday for hygiene

Super Mum

My confinement lady suggested to shower after 1 week using herbs.

I bought herbs to prepare for showering during confinement.

Super Mum

Can shower.. nowadays there is heater and herbal bath

One week... is... the... max... I can tahan