Reunion dinner

Just curious... How did you manage to go to both sides for reunion dinner when both dinner is on the same day and same time?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My side the husband's family always takes precedence - you had been married out of the family, you have joined your husband's family now. My parents are also quite respectful of the fact they have a married daughter and always organize "reunion dinner" 1-2 weeks before CNY eve so there's no clashes.

Take turns. Odd years in-laws place, even years own parents place. Or whoever have a more interesting program wins my vote. My husband and I dislike his cousin coming to my in-laws place uninvited so if it happens, we're off to my parents place. No face given even though it's my in-laws.

My MIL doesn’t even know how to cook, and she don’t have that tradition to have reunion as one family. Which is good I just need to go to my family.

It's impossoble. If it's really the same time, I would try to go for one for a while, then the other. Half half.

VIP Member

either 1 for lunch 1 for dinner. or choose one side. can't be split urself into 2 ma

Simple gather both families tgt to reunion. That’s what I do usually

VIP Member

Try and arrange to attend one of the dinners at an earlier time slot

Take turn. I'll spend about 1 hour at each dinner

TapFluencer

Both side also don't go Own reunion at home

One go for lunch one go for dinner. No choice