CNY eve reunion meal with baby

Do you skip/Are you skipping CNY eve reunion dinner with parents/in-laws/extended family because your little one goes to bed early? For the past years we have to go my in-laws' place for reunion dinner from 7+pm till 10+pm. Dunno how we are going to do that when my 7mo baby sleeps by 8pm, and it'll be disruptive to shift her from in-laws house to car and then back home while she is sleeping. Also, my in-laws place doesn't have spare room or any space at all where she can sleep quietly. Can't change to lunch because SIL does CNY eve lunch with her in-laws.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will go early even if there’s no dinner served, at least we take e effort to go.. But of course you can let your your PIL know why and see if they can do early or maybe cook something for you and hub eat rather than starving.. Yes, reunion dinner is meant for whole family sit down and have dinner together but since you already gives in to SIL (because she can’t make it for lunch right) then they should also give in by coming early? Give and take I feel.. Furthermore, now restricted to 5 visitors to a household a day.. Perhaps you can also consider to have a reunion lunch before CNY eve.. 😉

Read more

For me, all dinners have now changed to lunch this year. My son is only slightly over 4 months and Sleeps around 7pm everyday. I’ve worked so hard to get him into this routine for the last 2 months and will not sacrifice this just for CNY. Moreover with the 5 pax restriction it really is just a regular dinner so in my opinion there is really no need to gather. I would safeguard your LO’s routine if he needs a quiet space to sleep and finds it difficult to nap on the go.

Read more

i will go ahead for cny eve dinner. its only once a year. futhermore, due to 5 pax restriction i think other than that particular day, u wont really have to be there that particular timing. just give in.

My 18 month old also sleeps ard 8pm. I stand so firm on changing it to lunch last year. Until my husband automatically ask my SIL if we can eat on eve’s eve for lunch this year.

My girl slp early too. So I change to lunch. If not, I will go for early dinner and go off early . I won’t sacrifice baby sleep for “adult leisure”

TapFluencer

we are flexible with my LOs sleep so we never miss lunar new year eve reunion dinner :)

Perhaps to have early dinner or lunch with your in-laws and whoever are available.

my baby is flexible in 💤, can sleep any where any time