how to cope with Anger and frustration

After pregnancy, i felt at times very frustrated and easily irritated. I am blessed with a smooth delivery without complication and a cute healthy baby. But ever since i discharge from hospital, i had a bad CL experience, which i dimissed her. I have been taking care of my baby on night shift even during the day, which now i still have work to do despite i work from home. Things piling up and made me so frustrated. Any suggestions that can help me out?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Is there anyone who can help you? Mummies are superheroes but it doesn’t mean we can do everything. Even superheroes need teams. You deserve time to relax and rest too. Whether it’s hiring a helper, asking your/your husband’s parents, or a 3-hour playgroup, consider taking some time away to do your work. Then when you’re reunited with your baby, you will be more refreshed and happier (and because you miss your baby, you’ll also cuddle baby more without feeling frustrated) Hope things get better soon!

Read more
4y ago

How about your maid takes care of baby for just 1 hr during the day, so you can rest/do work. I have no maid, and even then, I don’t do chores 24/7 😅

Super Mum

I can understand how you feel, it's not just the stress from day and night struggles with baby but also your hormone levels will take time to adjust after birth. If you can send baby to infant care or hire a helper please do. They can really be a huge help. And if you feel overwhelmed just step away from everything and take some deep breaths. It really helps. All the best!

Read more

Hi, I can understand. You have a lot on your plate hence it is completely normal to feel this way. I would suggest talk to you husband and loved ones about this. May be you and your husband can decide on how to divide responsibilities at home. that will give you some time to rest.

TapFluencer

Take it easy mummy. Its normal due to lack of sleep taking care of baby and tons of work to be done. Have you tried asking someone to help you out like your parents just for a few hour for a day for you to get some rest or get things done. And you will feel much better after that.

4y ago

Lolx... i tried.. mil has to work. My mum too busy watching ipad

VIP Member

I have similar experience. Talk to your husband, mother or MIL. Ask them to take care of baby full day in the coming weekend so that you can have proper rest and time to settle your works. You will feel great again once you got enough sleep. Cheer..

VIP Member

I feel the same too. My mum and mil has been taking night duties but I don’t know why am I still so distracted too. I tried talking to the counselor at KKH, but she said it isn’t post natal depression

4y ago

I guessed coping with changes is also rather stressful. I fully understand...

I had a super difficult delivery and a troublesome CL. I just screw everyone and anyone that came in my way, including my husband. That was my method to keep my insanity.

VIP Member

Do talk to your husband or close family members or friends about it. It's normal to feel angry and frustrated during this period but don't let it drag on for too long...

Super Mum

Consider sending baby to infant care if it is an option? Steal some time off for yourself if there's someone who can help to look after bubs, even for just a few hours.

VIP Member

It’s normal to feel this way , find someone to talk too or get someone you trust to takecare your baby for a few hours while u go do smth that takes away your stress