How do all mummies cope with this kind of feeling?? I am going to work next monday, from the day my baby born till now three mth, I took care of him all by myself... been with him 24hr... Now going work and putting him in childcare, I have a very awful feeling.. just very sad that my baby will be separate with me for almost 10hrs...

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is always heartbreaking to leave your child in someone else's care and going back to work. But there is no option but to go through with this. Here are a couple of things that you can do: if the day care is close to your work place then you can always pop across and see him during lunch hour. When the baby is home with you turn your gadgets off and focus on the baby - he will need your attention more as he grows up. But he will also grow up to be independent and look forward to and appreciate the time he has with you. Trust your self and give yourself a pat on the back for doing so much.

Read more
VIP Member

It must really hurt, but if you are unable to stay at home to look after him, then you will have to grit your teeth and bear it. You will find yourself constantly missing him at work but it will get better as time passes. Look at it another way - your baby will be able to interact with other infants and get to learn from the infant care teachers. :)

Read more

thanks