What is the first gift you gave to your mother in law?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After my marriage, I gifted a swarovski Ganapathi to my MIL. There was some problem during our marriage, so she took out that anger on it, and carelessly kept that away on the floor. I felt really bad, and later, too, I got a nice Kashmiri embroidered suit for her, which again she took and left it unattended. This time, I took the suit and kept it back and decided never to gift anything. I think gifts are given from the emotion that runs through one's heart, and if someone disrespects that feeling, then that person isn't worthy of that piece of your love, and that be anyone.

Read more

A bag (think it was Longchamp) -- I like buying bags for my mom because I travel quite a bit and they're slightly cheaper abroad. So I bought one for my future MIL. Her son thought it was a wee bit extravagant haha. She likes it and still has it till today. These days though, she'd always ask me to get her spices and foodstuff (stuff not available in Sweden) from Singapore when I go back.

Read more
VIP Member

I suppose my baby was the first gift I gave to my mother in law. She lives in Korea so I don't get to see her much. She's always very concerned about me and the baby, so I should really prepare something nice for her the next time I go over. It's quite difficult to think of things to buy because Korea is famous for cosmetics and skincare. Maybe I'll get her a scarf.

Read more

Come to think of it, the very first gift was actually mooncake. I was still "girlfriend" status then (just got together with husband, then boyfriend) and the first "official" gift to the family was a box of traditional double yoke lotus paste mooncake (if I remembered correctly). It was presented to her but for my husband's family.

Read more

A box of birdnest during her birthday. She was very happy. I remember I celebrate first mother's day with her after I gave birth to my first baby, I made a card for her, with the pictures of 3 of us (baby, myself and her) and until today she still keep it very well in her room.

I give shoes before she never show that she don't like but I think she like it. she have wear it so I think is ok give shoes but give sandals better cos cover shoes if too small.I think she don't even want to wear.

VIP Member

A beautiful handbag would be a really good gift for a MIL, my MIL definitely loves bags :) Or else try giving her shopping vouchers so she could buy whatever she likes.

It depend on what she like most buy things she like things is useful. I bought her a bag because she love bags.

VIP Member

A grandson ☺ I believe thats the best gift because her happiness and joy is the best gift of all

I gifted her wind chimes for her room and she liked it a lot :) She said it sounds beautiful!