What gift did you give your mother-in-law (aside from a grandchild haha) that she really appreciated?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I think the biggest gift is the grandchild. Why would you wan to gift her other than that? Rather she should be gifting you for the cute little bundle of joy all her life. Anyway, on a serious note, you can gift her depending upon her like. If she is a book lover, gift her favourite author's book. Or if budget is not a problem, book a holiday for her along with one other person she would like to take along. Or some personalised gift like, a hand-knitted sweater or something like that.

Read more

So turns out my mother-in-law used to be a pretty baller marathon runner back in her day. I bought her jogging shoes. Nice and comfy ones. Now she wears them when she goes to the market on sundays hahaha. Basically I thought it would've been nice for the older generation to reconnect with their younger selves. Worked in this situation I guess. I mean unless it's like your mother in law was a cleaner or something during school time don't get her a mop la hahahaha.

Read more

In my experience, a MIL will best appreciate the gift of love and happiness. Not necessarily towards her but towards her son. Seeing her precious son happy and loved in all the ways he needs by the woman he married is the best gift one can give. All moms want the best for their child - even after they get married and start families of their own.

Read more

My mother-in-law is an art lover, so once I gifted her a piece of painting. And fortunately, she appreciated the gift. Basically, this is something which she can keep rest of her life.

My cousin gave her mother-in-law a card "made" by my niece, with her tiny hand and foot print on it. They had fun making it, and her mother-in-law loved it.

Lahat ng occassion damit at bag ang binibigay namin, minsan naman shoes or sandals. Yun kase ang hilig nya. Kahit Celine na brand lang masaya na sya.

I dont really know. I used to give her personalized gifts but she's not expressive I dont even know if she appreaciates it or if she likes it :(

Family pics of All of us during each gathering. I'll alw REMIND my hubby/myself to develop the pics we took & pass it to my MIL. She simply LOVE it.

7y ago

Thanks for the great idea! I'm going to do this too.

Pamper her with some nourishing birds nest or tonic, bring her for high teas and occasionally call her up for chit chat sessions :)

7y ago

Wow serious.. u r perfect DIL!!

My mother-in-law loves gardening and flowers so some days I just get her flowers from the market and she just loves them!