11 Replies

Yup, you think you only have 1 kid but you actually got 2 (includes the man child). Completely normal. I had these thoughts and made me stressed that I wasn't my own person even when people called me mummy instead of my name affected me. When I placed my baby in infantcare and took some much needed me time, I realized I didn't mind being a caregiver because this was a extension of myself and not have I been reduced to. Sometimes we become too focused on being mummies that we forget that we also had a life outside of being a mummy, a wife, a partner, a friend, a colleague and a daughter. As the old saying goes, this too shall pass

Yes, me too. Feeling the same way as you. I use to fly all over the world before having a baby. Have to be very presentable for work and have all the time to beautify myself by going to salons for haircut, mani & pedi. Eat at expensive restaurants whenever I feel like it. Now after having a kid, I'm a SAHM. I feel like I got locked up. I have to face the kid 24/7 with screams and cries. Doing all the household chores which I hate it! No earning power, have to take care of kid and also serve the boss(husband) at home. It's definately not the life I ever imagined. So you are not alone mommy.

You are not reduced into anything. Your status actually is elevated into a higher position, the person your baby depends his/her life on. I understand you miss your old life, but you can look at your new role as a mother more positively. How about taking up a new hobby? Crafting, sewing or selling baby items. Being a mother, wife and SAHM on top of that, does not mean you cannot earn any income. Or leisure activities for yourself. Just need some creativity and ability to sneak some time while taking care of your LO.

Definitely normal! Creating a new life is an amazing journey! There was once my grandmother told me, I can't imagine my small little grand-daugther that needed other people to take care always and now has become a mother herself. After becoming a mother, I learn along the way. I learn how to take care of another human being and learn how to juggle between husband and babies. It is a positive thing and sweet moment so don't feel guilty at all.

I always feel jealous when friends whom are single can achieve what I have yet to achieve. But when I see myself as a mother that provide evrything for my kids, sometimes I feel that is what a simple life people are looking for. The grass is always greener at the other side. There are days when I feel exactly like you. So, it is really so important to stay focus and positive.

After children, I feel that my career has plateaued. My husband put me in charge of the house and children department, not that l've a choice. Children always comes first, really miss the good old days, where l don't have to wear my children. I use to be really active in sports and volunteering. Probably when they grow up l can be free once more.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5878)

Super Mum

Me too! I used to wear nice clothes all the time and now I just stare at my walk in wardrobe bec I don’t really wear those clothes. Being a sahm can be temporary and I’m going back to work next year

Super Mum

.. i feel the same way too. You are not alone. But that just for a sec. Now i feel more in live because of my baby.

Normal. Think of the happy moments

Related Questions

Related Articles