Feeling down on and off sahm

I now started as stay at home mum,baby going 2mths but I felt life is a routine... stopped working n now felt something missing.. Any of u experience this? How to see that taking care of bb is meaningful? I still finds joy in caring for my bb but just if day to day I wonder what else could help me find back myself

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, I can definitely identify and relate. There are some mums who find all the joy in the world being an SAHM but there are those who need to also do something meaningful for themselves. There is not right or wrong in this - just different strokes for different folks. Why don’t you try picking up some part time work for when baby naps or sleeps? Put aside some hours of the day to do some freelancing and see how that works out. When you become a mother, it doesn’t mean that you have to stop being you - in fact, all the more I’d encourage you to do some things for yourself so that you still have your own identity besides being a little human’s mother :) Hope this helps and hang in there mama! You’re not alone.

Read more

I’m sorry.. lost of words as we are sailing in the same both. I do enjoy being a Sahm,Been 4 years. Witness my kids thriving all their milestones makes me no regret. Issue now is when ppl surrounding, relative, friends and even hubby doesn’t really like the idea of sahm. and looking down at me. Now I’m more determine to find a job because of the pressure I’m getting from ppl around me. 😩 as if being a sahm has no value. 😖

Read more