Since pregnancy i moved back to parents house and parents help me look after baby since the day baby was born and sleep with baby since she born. And now she is 1 years old and everytime baby see MIL she will also cry or when she go back their house she cry alot and i feel so heartbroken . And after birth i find job near my parents place and its impossible for me to quit and bring baby back.. we are staying East (Tampines) and they are staying west (Boon Lay) and travelling back is long and we only went back every weekend for dinner. And now MIL ask say she want to take care of baby what should i do ? In MIL House there only 1 person who can take care baby which is my Mil and she have to do housework and some chores daily as no one will be home in the morning till night and i afraid her style of looking after baby and baby will only face one person whereas at my home she will face many people such as both of my parents and siblings and she get to play , go out and also learn things as someone will teach him at my home. And also partly because i m working near my parents home . And i really dont feel like moving into their house to stay again :( Now i m so complicated. If you was me in such scene will you quit your job and moved back to MIL place stay and find a job near her place instead ? And let her look after baby ? Or you prefer to stick as of now ..

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think that in life, the person that you should ultimately please is yourself - because if you try to please everyone else, you get so frustrated and tired of everything because you are not happy. And for a parent, that's what's most important because you have to be happy and well-rested to look after your family! Having said that, I think you should not move to your MIL's place just to please her - BUT, you can make other arrangements like going over for a weekend or smth! I think the main thing is that your MIL feels like she's missing out on her grandchild's life, so she wants more time with her - so perhaps going back as a family once a week, or planning outings that bring your PIL together would help :) Of course, you need to explain clearly and calmly why you chose not to - and I think that having to take care of the house and her grandchild would be too much for her to handle.

Read more

You should stick to your current and whatever is more comfortable for you. Even if you move back to your MIL's place, you might become unhappy about it in the long run and ended up having alot of grudges, this is not good for yourself, your relationship with your husband and your baby. Also, it is just a passing phase. When your baby gets older, he/she will not cry around her anymore. To help improve their (baby and MIL) relationship now, going over on weekends for an entire afternoon will certainly help.

Read more

Will you consider staying over at your MIL over the weekend please? She is old, she just want some time with your LO. It takes time for a baby to familiar with someone.. You have to support your LO to spend time with MIL. Example Friday night to Sunday night at your MIL place? She can at least one full day to bond with your LO. After all she is your husband mother.

Read more

Stick to current arrangement.. Why need to change when ur parents are OK to look after ur girl for you? U still can bring ur girl over every weekend.. More interaction with the older kids helps in her development. So tell ur mil that she should rest and play with ur girl over the weekends. Don't stress her body.

Read more

I would stick to ur current arrangement. Ur parents has been taking care of ur LO since young. So if u sudden switch place, you Daughter will have to adapt to new environment. Moreover mil taking care of ur lo bound to have conflict and ur Husband will be stuck in between.. more cons than pros..

Of course i will stick to the current arrangement. Have to say no to ur mil and reject her. It is really just too bad even if she complains..explain to her why, hopefully she can understand. Maybe spend 1 weekend night at her place tog with ur daughter? Weekend outings with ur mil?

We r not here to please ppl. I will choose to continue wrking n let ur mum take care if u r comfortable wif it. Mil sure hv her way of taking care which many of us sure will hv issue wif it.

VIP Member

Ill prefer to stay were i am right now, not healthy to just suddenly change environment for the baby. Endless crying, and in my opinion ill rather stay with my parents than my in laws 😅

At your own ease... when comes to work and family, its stressful. Don't create something just to please another, in long-term won't do and you will collapse.

I would stick with the current arrangement as well. Perhaps, mil can come over on the weekends or something. that's a better option.