Mother in law wants to stay with me after birth of my 1st child

My mother-in-law who stays in India wants to stay with me after birth in Singapore. She is caring but has very old thinking. Since this is my first pregnancy I want people around me who are positive and strong. My MIL is very emotionally very weak, she has her ways. I don't want any clothing restrictions or stress at that time or unnecessary advice like she is saying me we should not use diaper for baby, baby can get Bad eye of parents or I shouldn't go out of house for atleast 2 months. Should eat,eat,eat after birth. She gives me unnecessary stress.I don't want her around honestly but my husband wants her. I know she will be no help with cleaning or taking care of house but will just be giving her advise. What should I do?#pleasehelp #firsttimemom #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps set the rules or message across to your MIL and husband. Tell them what you as a mum feel and the proper ways to care for your LO. If it is good, take in and apply. If it is not, then do your way your style. Close one eye. End day she is your MIL. As for confinement, yes you are advice to do confinement atleast 30 - 44 days to better heal your inner body and health. Maybe to some it is not important but I am a young mum of two kids and I strictly follow confinement food etc in order to gain strength and better myself. For diaper wise, you have to let her know there's no such things as no diaper. It has to be put on. No such traditional ways with no diapers. We are living in the modern era not the old times.

Read more