My irritating sister in law.

My sil just give birth, I have a son too and she keep on asking what brand we using all this stuff... w she brought expensive brand. Show off to my husband. My husband visit her she told him her son last name same as my son.. like Wtf bitch! Is weird... my son name Lin Zhi Hao and family calls him Hao Hao.. now this crazy bitch name her son Tan Wei Hao. She say both got Hao u know. Seriously brain damage or what. Now how u want the old people in family to call your son also Hao Hao? I thought only the middle name same is okay but the last name of the Chinese name? Really??? hate her acting like crazy bitch. Even my husband is so Piss off with her. We just act nice in front of her.

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My advice is to take the back seat. These are small issues. Sometimes it does get to the nerves. I have 4 SILs that are not married and one BIL that is marrying soon. I won't say that I don't like them but I never hate them. It is just sometimes, our background and upbringing are different. They are nice but sometimes, it gets to the core. So the best, healthy and safest way is to sit back and watch. I left all the talking to my spouse and his mum. Better that way. Less tension less problem😆

Read more
Super Mum

Some people compete for the heck of it. Let her be. Minimal contact and maximum patience when you see her. It will only get worse when the babies get older and go to school. She wanna feel better than you, let her la. I like the “Weiwei” suggestions... like answering telephone lol

TapFluencer

Don’t let sil ruin your day. Not worth the time. On the other hand, start calling her son Weiwei and see if everyone around starts picking up the name. That would differentiate the Two cousins then

Call her son Wei Wei. Wallliowww weii hahaha. No serious. Start calling her son Wei Wei. Jz Wei Wei this Wei Wei that. Then everyone will slowly follow. Annoy her muahaha. Good luck!

You can choose who your family members are... cut down the contact if necessary. Lucky thing is your husband is with you on this! Agree with another user, just start calling "wei wei"...

LOL ok la, your hao will be the bigger hao. And the smaller hao will most probably follow ur son. And think he’s cool cause korkor mah. No biggies de

Super Mum

Really super irritating. I will be so pissed too. Nothing much you can do since she is your family and you will see her often. Just try to ignore.

Just ignore her and focus on your own family. Sometimes action speaks louder than words. Comparison will just make both of you feeling tired.

I know it's tough to do, but try and ignore her. The more thought you give her and her competitiveness, the worse it'll get.

She's just being competitive...And it will only get worst when the kids go school. I'll just smile and ignore her