heartburn

recently no matter what I eat, will have heart burn at random timing.... so what should I eat to prevent?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

To reduce heartburn during pregnancy without hurting your baby, you should try the following: 1. Eat several small meals each day instead of three large ones. 2. Eat slowly. 3. Avoid fried, spicy, or rich (fatty) foods or any foods that seem to cause relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter and increase the risk of heartburn. 4. Drink less while eating. Drinking large amounts while eating may increase the risk of acid reflux and heartburn. 5. Don't lie down directly after eating. 6. Keep the head of your bed higher than the foot of your bed. Or place pillows under your shoulders to help prevent stomach acids from rising into your esophagus. 7. Wear loose-fitting clothing. Tight-fitting clothes can increase the pressure on your stomach and abdomen. 8. Avoid constipation.

Read more

It’s normal for some pregnant mummies(I went through that too). Try to eat small but frequent meal, not to lay down immediate after meal. Avoid oily and spicy food too.

It is normal to feel this way, check out this link for more info https://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy-concern-heartburnacid-reflux.

It's happen to me during 28weeks to 32weeks. So I drink soya powder before sleep. For me it's help and sleep well thru the night

Super Mum

I had the issue too! Had to go a&e a few times. Ltr on I tried lying with 2 pillows stacked up and the heart burn reduces a lot!

Try lighter food like porridge etc. Try eating more meals er day but keep portion small

Smaller portions each meal, and avoid eating too much spicy or fried food

Hi, Please eat small portions and avoid spicy and deep fried food

Avoid eating spicy and fried food. Take frequent small meals.

Super Mum

Smaller portion of food.