Need some tips or advice... My husband is a wonderful father, he is not the patient kind but when my dau arrived in this world, he improved on his patience towards her. However, the dating feeling that I used to have even though I am married for 8 yrs diminished when my daughter was born. He is not willing to go abroad without my daughter even though my daughter will be in good hands. He wants to see her everyday. I really tot men would like a break too.... So my question is, I know I can't get to him to reignite our spark we had so I need to change my thinking since I knw I can't change his. How do I make myself feel better?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's sweet the way he is in love with the baby but i understand your point too dear :) i won't say you should change your feelings. don't do that. i think for now give it time. he is bonding with her and is an involved father. for now, do simple cuople things such as watch a movie together at home, send him lovey messages through the day, dress up for him, get up to him and hug and kiss him and just smile at him and make him know that you love him. do it just like that. maybe right now he feels that he will not be able to manage time and love between the baby and you, so show him the love without expecting anything from hi,. once he is more experienced, he will surely reciprocate

Read more

i think it is very sweet that he is so involved. there are so many moms who feel sad that the father is not involved with the baby and is always looking to spend time on his own. i suggest give him time and let him enjoy these early moments as a new dad. he definitely loves you and i am sure the spark you are missing will come back. don't give up, keep doing the small things you do with him, such as watching a movie together, having a quiet date night at home if not outside, cuddling up and so on. keep telling him you love him and he is the one you love being around :)

Read more

I find it so sweet that husband is so into the daughter. That means he is also very into the marriage. Most dads will want time out or me time . Like my husband told me before 4yo he doesn't see a point to bring our gal overseas with us as she can't remember anyway. I told him that's not the point . You should be happy your husband is one of the rare breed :) That said perhaps have an open talk with Him that you two need me time alone . Do a staycation or make it a point to go on a date every week and I am sure he will welcome the break from parenting duties for a day

Read more
7y ago

He enjoys time wif our dau more than me. 😁 He was even telling me tht he tot he will be so heart broken once our daughter grows up... 😂 I feel I think like a man more than a mom... thts interesting.

VIP Member

It's beautiful to have a dedicated husband who loves the child you and him created. Honestly, the dating feeling will dwindle a bit but won't be for long. Just need to find time to share with him, that time will belong to you. Cook his favorite dishes, watch a movie after LO slept. Enjoy watching your LO grow up with him, this is the time that is precious too.

Read more
7y ago

When LO sleeps, he wants "him" time more than "our" time. I am not complaining tht he can't have his time... but when he is sleepy he expects to be given head massages to have a good night's sleep. But I am tired too. 😥

I too think it's great thing he has great involvement with his daughter, but also cannot underestimate the importance of having one to one time with our spouse. How old is your daughter? Probably can wait till she went to school, then use the time to have some couple dates. Or when she is sleeping, can rekindle the intimacy in bedroom?

Read more
7y ago

Tried but I felt sometimes like lack of novelty if I do it every time. 😂

VIP Member

It's really sweet and while most women would love this, I think I would be personally annoyed - lol. Cause it's like what about me! Am I not important? Lol. Have you shared with him how you feel? I always communicate with my DH and so he knows that I need me and Him time too :)

7y ago

My hubby also love our kids more than me especially towards my eldest boy. Sometimes i think i am just a maid to them. Me too have talk and made known my feeling to him but things never change for the better..... So i got to change myself to make myself feels better.....

VIP Member

It's a good thing that is he focusing on your daughter! Have a positive thoughts. They said a daughter is the husband ex life lover. My husband didn't even bother bout my kids after born even with two. So it's a good thing that he is loving your daughter a lot.

Read more
7y ago

I am happy tht he loves our dau; but I became insignificant though he said not... mayb I expected more ...

Isnt it good news that he is so involved. I'd be really happy. You guys can spend time together with your daughter as well. It's tough but it's possible.

VIP Member

Even go out on solo date when bb deep aslp? He also cant?

7y ago

No... if he is not working; he can't bear to be apart frm our daughter. 🙄