Need to rant. My husband staying with my parents, he usually only play his game and don't even care if baby is crying only when he feel like caring then he go. He don't have patience and can hardly take care of baby for 2 hrs. Baby is 5 months old and today I ask him to take care of baby I need a 2 hrs sleep, he did take care and then when I wake up and feed my baby, my husband suddenly sneeze very loudly. Baby suddenly cry very loud for a long time and hard to calm him.down. My husband shouted very loudly "cry cry cry! Everyday only know how to cry!" Then he vent out his anger already he go back sleep. I really feel like my husband is so irritating. I really regretted marrying him. He is my best friend before becoming my husband. Really feel so sad.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband like to play game too. Being a parent, they need some "me" time too just like we mommies need the "me" time to get back the insanity. I will suggest to talk to him like before you have a child, understand what he is going through and come up with a plan together. Sometimes man feel left out, stressful with financial or work stress but due to ego/pride so they keep it within them. For us, I let my husband has a personal time from 9 to 10 pm to do his own stuff without interrupting him. He will work from home on one day of the week to accompany me for breakfast and lunch (to have our couple times) and bring the kids out to play every Saturday afternoon alone to give me my own time to rest, watch tv etc. It take times but slowly you will find a way it work. When they built a better relationship with the children, they will slowly put down their phone and game more for those little man/woman.

Read more
VIP Member

Have a chat with your hubby and get to know what is his expectations and feelings. He could feel that he's not confident looking after baby and thinks you as mummy can do a better job thus he leaves it all to you. Try to work something out such that you both get a little rest and me time while taking turns to look after the baby. It's tough but do-able.

Read more
VIP Member

Well. i totally feel you. Even i tried talking to my husband. it's pointless. only now my elder is arnd 5yo. he is able to talk to him nicely. during earlier years, he just don't understand the babies crying. so he just flare up. Hang in there. usually i just do everything myself

Read more

Take it that perhaps husband is tired and may have had a tough day at work. We never know what they go through at work. Men usually keep things to themselves. You may try to get him engaged in other things for a start such as family outings.

VIP Member

Try talking and thrashing things out with your husband one day. Maybe there's something bothering him etc. Anyway I'm sure he cares for the baby and you, just that sometimes we can't handle frustrations very well. Take care!

Haiz reminds me of my wife.. But she every day watch Korean variety show with ear phone on. When baby cry also cannot hear.. Then sometime laugh loudly baby wake up...

Its easy to lost temper if baby cries is so continous, and not understanding why baby cry. It will definately get better in time to come. All the best

VIP Member

I feel you .. Guys always like that de la.. Play games.. Might as well married to game.. My hubby also always on games.. Really hate it ..

7y ago

Really don't understand them. Game is like drug to them😑

Had a lil bit of the same experience till i had a major breakdown from PPD. Only then he changed a little n helped a bit more.

I get terribly upset when baby whines for too long. and that's normal. don't not be too hard n yourself.