My husband loves our two daughters very much...but the thing is, he's not their father. Should I tell him?

34 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If he doesn't know even after the birth of the children, and if you think that he will never come to know, you better don't tell him. I think, some truths are better untold. Telling him the truth may affect his love for the children and will obviously mar the relationship you two share.

If the two of you are married, you can definitely go to jail you know. Those poor souls. The truth will set you free, ma'am. Be fair to your husband and to your kids. Forgiveness is something to be earned for a very long time so you should start right now. It's never too late.

Honesty builds trust and that's at the core of a lasting relationship, so you should tell him. If he loves them that much, then he will still love them anyway. A father isn't just biological. If he's the one who takes care of them and loves them, then he IS their father.

Most people here are talking about it from the mother's and fake father's perspective. However, more importantly, the daughters have the right to know their true father, their true blood relative who brought them into this world. Do it one day for their sake.

7y ago

If the real father is not interested then I think it will be merciful not to tell them.

I pity your husband. It's a little late but better now than never. The secret can't be kept forever. They won't lose their father but you'd probably lose a husband.

Sadly, TWO daughters means its twice. Not only once. You have to tell the truth. To yr husband and also yr kids. You'd been cheating to all of them.

VIP Member

Woah - of course you should tell him. How long do you think you can keep this sort of deception up? He deserves to know the truth.

Super Mum

😯What??! How old are your daughters now??? If his health is OK, best to tell him the truth and ask for forgiveness.

Not sure why you are even asking us. You should do what you want and what allows you to sleep well at night.

I believe that no secret remain hidden forever,so open up to him n give him space to digest the whole issue