low in mood, overthinking..

Hi mummies, since i got into 3rd trimester i feel quite stressed. not sure if its due to the hormones.. but i realised that my anxiety is triggering alr. i have been overthinking, i feel like no one (especially my partner) cares, i feel lonely and super low almost everyday. i tried to tell my partner about it, but he doesn't seem to understand or wants to know more.. which upsets me even further. firstly the main problem was because i feel like lack of attention from him as he is now working 12hrs shift so we rarely get to talk during the day. even after his shift ends, he would talk to me about 5mins then play his mobile game till he reached home after shower have his meal etc he will continue gaming again. at times he would reply me in between his matches but these days he would reply me after he is done and wants to sleep. he was on leave for 2 days, but we rarely get to talk still. i really feel like shitt, like i am not important. i am getting really stressed about it as i tend to think alot and i have been crying myself to sleep for nights now.😔

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to speak to him again? He might not understand the extent of what you're feeling. A lot of men are clueless like that. Around the mid of my 2nd trimester, I started feeling depressed. My hubby is quite a workaholic, and he needs to attend work calls at nights quite often, since he works in an MNC. And when he's preoccupied, he hears nothing when I talk. After work, he would watch tv and fall asleep on the sofa, so I sometimes don't have the chance to talk to him properly. I felt very alone, because I thought he didn't seem to be that interested, and I had to make a lot of the arrangements on my own (source for confinement nanny, come up with list of things to buy, look for prenatal course, buy my own prenatal nourishment). There are times when I looked at how he worked, and I worry that I would have to struggle to take care of the baby alone, when she's here. I kept picturing myself carrying the baby, and both of us crying helplessly. Also, my grandma, who brought me up, passed away around then during the circuit breaker period, and it caused me to be further depressed. I cried myself to sleep many nights, and sometimes I wake up halfway and end up not being able to go back to sleep. It was only on one day when my hubby saw me break down and cry, that he realised I'm really not alright. He got a lot more involved after that, and things are a lot better. I also agree to seek professional help if needed. Check with your gynae if she could refer you. You're not in this alone, so don't carry this burden by yourself. It is alright to seek help. Take care!

Read more

Hey mummies, please seek help..prenatal and post partum depression is scary. I had these overwhelming emotions since my 1st tri. A mixture of helplessness, hormonal etc. Even tho its a planned pregnancy and my husband has been super super supportive, I cried everyday for long hours for the entire of my 1st tri to like 16/18 weeks. but i manage to seek professional help early around my 7th or 8th weeks. Although i have no suicidal thoughts, I was sad everyday and didnt want to do anything. Please have your gynae refer you to a psychiatrist and have this problem fixed before it gets worst. Im seeking help at KKH by Dr helen chen and she's a very good psychiatrist. No shame that we need help.. its better for you and for your baby. even if you are officially diagnosed with prenatal depression like I am, just eat the antidepressants. it doesnt affect baby growth nor you choosing to breastfeed. I have been taking antidepressants since my 1st visit to the psychiatrist and im on my 36th weeks now. Baby healthy and Im feeling alot more happier. Please seek professional help alright! Take care 💓

Read more

i feel that way too tbh. i cried whenever my husband went to work. i feel so lonely. also i was very clingy but coming towards the end of pregnancy i feel like we argue alot. maybe both stress as i kept needing help and he is just tired and probably overthinking as well. sometimes men channel it all out by gaming/sleeping. pisses me off but so long as he is infront of me. try to find things to do to distract yourself. whatever you like. read smth, make smth, clean, prepare for baby. idk. i know i sleep alot in hopes to time pass by quickly. shop for baby things. watch youtube videos labor vlogs or clean with me or nesting vlogs. try not to think too much okay. easier said thn done but im sure you can get through this phase.

Read more

Oh no I feel you so much! I’m in 3rd tri too and feeling really alone because my husband is not giving me attention. He is giving all his attention to his mobile game as well. What’s worst, I got rejected for sex for the first time since I got pregnant and it broke me so much I cried my lungs out in the toilet. It was so bad I cried so much last night and didn’t even speak to him at all. Sometimes there’s just no use in getting their attention. I would just give him the silent treatment and do my part as a wife. God knows our sacrifices. Just don’t think about it too much as it might lead to pre/post natal depression.

Read more