Irritated with husband

I’m sure the world is fair. We got angry with our partners at times. But I got agitated with my husband so much after our baby came along. I just feel like I am better off without him as he has becoming an extra burden. Things such as he doesn’t help much in housework, can’t looking after baby for more than 30mins, raise voice anyhow, impatience etc, leaving his cup and chair untuck after meal, went out drink and drunk at times and go to bed not shower. Meanwhile when he talk to me about his work, I am obliged to listen and give advise. I did talk to him and remind him there’s no helper in the house, he has to get his ass up and help. And he did after each push. I am lost. Is it me or there’s really an issue? FYI no 3rd party and I’m a working mom.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too really irritated and disappointed. Initially I thought since I'm on ML I'll sacrifice more to help take care of baby more n do housework, take care of hubs. But I realised he took it for granted, didnt appreciate and it became an expectation. It got me furious n I put a foot down to tell him we should share the duties and it should be fair and equal. I told myself not to be so giving to the extent that I dont have energy n time for myself. So what if he has to work? I have to too! Aft giving birth I realised I'm so not ok with the gender roles society has and how we respond to it. Why must mummies be the one to sacrifice time, career and money etc?

Read more

Same. I dont even need him n honestly better off without him lol, all these while everything spent on baby is 95% mine 5% his?? Food for us also mainly I pay, everyday laze around play game, entertain baby max total 3hrs say tired, so super lazy, dont even want to work anymore, keep finding excuses, dont want save money zz. Only got married because both our parents kept pressuring us n for baby bonus only (baby born out of wedlock). Otherwise wont even marry, just stay as couple dont need married or divorce. Im not working, my dad give abit of money each month so I can buy baby things, few hundred only.

Read more

I think all mums have almost similar issues with the husbands. Disappointment when they don't step up when the child comes into their life. I too felt disappointed with my husband. My hubby will always say he is a first time parent, dunno this dunno that. Hello.. me too. Damn! And we women are the one carrying and giving birth to the baby. Anyway, I got a maid to help me. In the end only I can help myself. Lucky me, I do not depend on my hubby financially. ┐(´ー`)┌

Read more

Tell him he has to change his life style. He is no longer a bachelor. He has to share responsibility and prioritise. Guess men and women are the same, don't make it as habit that one person has to do all and by then is too late and difficult to change. I do all the household chores so my wife basically just work, home, spend time with children, watch TV programmes, play games. 😂Too late to change. Hope yours not too late. 💪

Read more

hi. I feel u. my husband is always on his phone and sometimes he will tell me things like I will "help" u to take care of baby. this makes me boil as baby is not only mine. after baby makes a mess in the house, he can still be sitting on the sofa playing with his phone until I have to start tidying up then he will help. I'm a working mum too. sometimes I will just let him be and just do my own things

Read more
VIP Member

I Hear you!! For me I still have to constantly remind the hubs , still nagging but he's definitely improving. I think marriage is a give and take situation, but that doesn't mean we women just keep quiet and not to anything about it. Communication is very important, So do try and go out, just both of you and talk things out.

Read more

Its common problem until we decided to get a helper. He recognise he cant help much and I am too tired so spending money and sharing our private space to solve all problem is the only way out. Its all love and peace now. No more angry/tired wife and sorry husband.

VIP Member

I think it’s a very frustrating and trying period for first time period. I am also a working mum and it is really testing my limit Everyday. Talk to your husband as communication is key and he have to help out.

I know how u feel. Men are like this they need to be reminded again and again of things around the house. My partner is like that as well.

TapFluencer

most of us has this issue. need to talk it out