Am i having depression?

Hi, im in my 5 months pregnancy. Starting of pregnancy i was happy about it when im at work ( shift )and my spouse shows support. But ever since my work put me in office hrs, i feel sad. Maybe due to environment change , change in colleague too. Slowly my spouse support i don't feel it too. My spouse intimacy level is not there even before i was pregnant. He always sleeps and play phone when he's at home. Im starting to blame myself if i was unattractive and boring to him. I sacrifice my time so much for him. But he always pity others instead of me. I feel like i wasn't cared for. I felt lonely. At this time i feel like not having this pregnancy. I just feel like i don't care about it. Im really stress out. I don't have anyone to talk to. My family isn't one i can talk to. I have no friends. I just want to be left alone after the only person i expect to be there isn't there for me ( my spouse ) . Help maybe. Im really at my end.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, it’s normal to feel alone during pregnancy, even when our spouse are physically there but not providing enough emotional support. You’ve mentioned that there’s a change in your work environment and colleagues so I guess it takes time to get used to it regardless pregnant or not. Try talking to your spouse, plan activities and dates beforehand. Find something you like to do, shopping, chasing dramas, pamper me time, go for it. Keep yourself occupied with stuffs you like to do so you won’t have time to overthink. Sometimes, we tend to be able to open up more to a stranger rather than our friends and families cause we don’t know them and not afraid that they will judge our situation or what. Even if they do, we don’t know them anyways. You can join mummy support groups, find mummies that are around your stage of pregnancy or even better, mummies who stay near you which you can meet up and hang out for a girls date. Guys will never understand the pregnancy be it how hands on or supportive they are because they will never experience being pregnant, going thru all the hormones and emotional changes. Hope you get thru this!

Read more
3mo ago

Hi!! Yes agree with anonymous :) I think sometimes it’s also because our body is going through a lot we tend to over think, worry and get more emotional about it. Try to identify the facts and our emotions playing on us too which may help a lot too as that’s what I did :) Try to do things that make you happy and do talk to your spouse too with how you are feeling :)

Try taking some prenatal exercise classes to take a breather and make more mummy friends in the community? Generally also try to manifest positively… U can see it in another angle that ur husband is now trying to maximize his alone time to play phone and etc and he will commit 100% to u and bb once bb is out? My husband is a nerd so I just let him play all the games he wants now and told him that I expecting a 100% commitment after bb is born because thats when both of us have no alone time anymore… Everyone needs for alone time is different, maybe ur alone time is pampering/self care? Go do something u love and enjoy now when bb is still swimming inside tummy 🙂 You might even surprise yourself how happy you are while doing what you love.

Read more

Hey just wanna say u r not alone in this and u r not the only one who is feeling this way. I feel the exact same way too and i haven seen my husband for close to 5 weeks already. I went back to my parents place. I feel everything is also falling apart however i try to remain positive. My husband isnt there for me in emotional support and just like yours he always use phone when hes back home from work

Read more
3mo ago

thank you. just hear typing out and getting advise really helps :) maybe its just me overthinking. when we overthink we tend not to think positive like normal dats. thanks once again. hope you are happy too

Hi one thing you can try is to stop blaming yourself and start looking for alternatives! you can join online group to chat and slowly communicate with ur spouse. Always look on the bright side even tho u don't feel like it, know that it is normal and you're definitely not alone.

3mo ago

thank you. just hear typing out and getting advise really helps :)