low in mood, overthinking..

Hi mummies, since i got into 3rd trimester i feel quite stressed. not sure if its due to the hormones.. but i realised that my anxiety is triggering alr. i have been overthinking, i feel like no one (especially my partner) cares, i feel lonely and super low almost everyday. i tried to tell my partner about it, but he doesn't seem to understand or wants to know more.. which upsets me even further. firstly the main problem was because i feel like lack of attention from him as he is now working 12hrs shift so we rarely get to talk during the day. even after his shift ends, he would talk to me about 5mins then play his mobile game till he reached home after shower have his meal etc he will continue gaming again. at times he would reply me in between his matches but these days he would reply me after he is done and wants to sleep. he was on leave for 2 days, but we rarely get to talk still. i really feel like shitt, like i am not important. i am getting really stressed about it as i tend to think alot and i have been crying myself to sleep for nights now.😔

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey mummies, please seek help..prenatal and post partum depression is scary. I had these overwhelming emotions since my 1st tri. A mixture of helplessness, hormonal etc. Even tho its a planned pregnancy and my husband has been super super supportive, I cried everyday for long hours for the entire of my 1st tri to like 16/18 weeks. but i manage to seek professional help early around my 7th or 8th weeks. Although i have no suicidal thoughts, I was sad everyday and didnt want to do anything. Please have your gynae refer you to a psychiatrist and have this problem fixed before it gets worst. Im seeking help at KKH by Dr helen chen and she's a very good psychiatrist. No shame that we need help.. its better for you and for your baby. even if you are officially diagnosed with prenatal depression like I am, just eat the antidepressants. it doesnt affect baby growth nor you choosing to breastfeed. I have been taking antidepressants since my 1st visit to the psychiatrist and im on my 36th weeks now. Baby healthy and Im feeling alot more happier. Please seek professional help alright! Take care 💓

Read more