Moms. I have divorce with ex hub already. We have 2 kids and monthly he have to pay me $200. But my salary is only 2k. Ppl keep asking me to go family court to review the monthly payment. Ask me get more. By right, I should ask for more right? I don't like too much trouble but on the other hand, I don't have alot to support my kids. Should I just go family court and review to ask for more? Thank.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mommy, It would be nice to ask more allowance for your dearest children. But do take note that whatever you agreed upon during the start of the divorce might not be agreed by the ex-spouse. Whatever outsider told you about getting more and so on is easier said then done. It takes a lots of approval just to get extra allowances. The family court will ask why now then you ask for more. You might need to submit documentation to backed up your requirement. So be careful. Sometimes just because of a couple hundred, it might cause you more heart pain and headache. Running up and down for a couple of hundred sometimes not worth it. Even though when it is needed the most. So before doing anything, always best to check with a lawyer😊 Take care. Think wisely of a proper solution.

Read more

200 x 2 = $400 for 2 kids. Can you justify that your both kids NEED more than 400 a month? If you can convince yourself, then drop him a without-prejudice email with justification (Reasons) If the decision cannot come to an amicable arrangement. You may consider proceeding to family court and pay $1 dollar for mediation. I know a few case where woman gave "something" in exchange for sole custody of the children. If you did, then you might want to reconsider your position now and then. PS: The above are not legal advise, just my opinion.

Read more

If you can ask for more to help. Having kids is tough especially when finances are tight. Are you still in talking terms with him? What's his financial status like?

7y ago

but afterall it's STILL his kids. when the court approve of you on getting more. he cannot reject

VIP Member

Of course ask for more! You are not earning very much to begin with. with that extra help you will not be stressed on the finances!

Read more

Then the more you should ask for more. Its his problem whatever he pays not your concern. Your priority should be the kids.

VIP Member

Personally I would ask for more. Remember whatever you and you ex husband decide it's always for the kids best interests.

I would ask for more as well. Mean while you can also approach the FSC for interim help. How old are the kids?

7y ago

3yo and 9mths

Shld communicate with ur ex as well. If really no choice go court n ask for more

I think should talk about it first before you wanna bring it up to court...

Ya I thk u shld ask more as for two kids $200 is really insufficient.