hi to all mommies and daddies.. im divorced and ex give $200 monthly.. im wondering is it ok if i ask him to help to pay some of school stuff? like this upcoming, school wants to let the kids learn ballet.. but my is boy.. does it matter? and so im thinking is it ok to ask from ex hub to pay for it.. and last time is reading material and i borrowed from my sis to pay.. thanks..

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

First of all, boys or girls - it doesn't matter as long as your child is interested in ballet! I'd say you should ask your child whether he is interested, and if he is, then see if there's anything you can do to look for financial help :) If your ex doesn't bother about the family, then just let him be and take things into your hands! It's hard, but you can do it!

Read more
VIP Member

yes i think its fine. I have know some people who parents divorse , their mum claim almost everything from the ex . And well after all its both son so he should help to pay . $200/month is really little , not even enough for school fee etc..

200 x 2 is 400 a month, depending on the age it should be adequate . Yes is x 2 because both parents should make equal effort. If ballet and boy, as a father I most likely reject. Heh Maybe karate he will say yes.

Read more
TapFluencer

You can always have a chat with your ex and tell him your Son is interested in extra activities and you would appreciate his help with the activity fee. Nothing lost in asking right?

VIP Member

If he don't, then i feel that no point. My dad was like that too. So my mum gave up. Did everything herself. Try asking for financial assistance?

VIP Member

Yes it's def ok to ask. But he have to mutually agree for it. Afterall it's his son. Im sure he also want to grow his child well.

7y ago

nah.. he always have the 'i dont bother to care' attitude towards this family..

Yes of course. Since it's all additonal and one off I assume. Or maybe split the cost.

VIP Member

No harm asking and come to a compromise.

Can always talk to your ex

Super Mum

Talk to him