Hello to all mommies and Daddies, I'm a Mother of two 6 yrs old and 5months. My question are: How many months can start to give solid food for baby (for my 5months old)? What are the recommended food should I need to give? Can you share some tips ? Sorry to this as I really forgot already it was 6 ago. Thank you in advance ❤️??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Doctors say that one can start giving solids to babies after 6 months as before that breast milk gives everything that is required for baby's nutrition. Same even if the baby is on formula milk. After six months you can start giving porridge, mashed potato, banana, etc. You can start actually with everything but slowly and steadily, as the digestive system of babies is not mature enough to give all of it at the same time. Give him soups, home made juice, cottage cheese, veggies which are nicely boiled and mashed to avoid choking hazard. Anything made at home and light on the baby's stomach is good for the baby. Just make sure to give in moderation.

Read more
8y ago

Better to get him to your pd before deciding anything yourself.

Hi! You can start feeding at 6 months old. When you feed too early, they are at risk of childhood diabetes. When we started feeding our baby, we started with steamed and mashed pumpkin. Then we slowly changed it to different vegetables. Eventually, when they reach about 9 mos, you can mix 2 veggies to add more flavor and variety. My baby is 15 months old now, and she eats what we eat now. We just make sure we make it very small parts for her so she won't choke. And when you are introducing new food, make sure it's 3 days apart, in case your baby will have an allergic reaction, at least you know which one is the culprit

Read more

Recommended is 6 months, however there are some that start at 4 months. Personally I will wait until 6 months when my baby is more steady and digestive system a little better. For my baby I started with avocado, followed by pumpkin, brocolli, carrot, potato, banana and apple. Just remember to apply a 3 day rule when introducing new food Eg mon - avocado Tues - avocado We'd - avocado Thurs - banana Fri - banana Sat - banana and avocado mix Sun - carrot

Read more

It is recommended for babies to start at 6months old. That is a gauge. Some start earlier and others later. You can start by offering pureed food such as carrots, applesauce, pumpkin, lentils, pears these are all safe and easily digested. You may also add a tinge of fm or bm whichever you are feeding baby. I started mine at 4months old, but thats just for fun. Milk is still the main diet. At 6months old, even if he takes 1 tsp thats totally fine.

Read more
8y ago

Sorry i missed your question. Go to the pd for?

Recommendation is 6 months old. Some pple prefer earlier at 4/5 months but better to discuss w pd. Look out for cues like being able to sit somewhat. I started mine abt 5.5 months caz his milk intake was really low. Even after solids have to still drink 500-600 ml Milk minimum. Give purée or v fine porridge or cereal

Read more
8y ago

Yes u can up it but do it gradually. 150 for a few days then 180. 120 every 2 hrs seems quite a lot - so baby might be full from milk and not eat so much yar...so if give solids 1-2 tablespoon for a start will do