Baby Keeps Crying Nonstop Outdoors

My LO keeps crying when outdoors. Also around after sunset around 7pm if we haven't go home, he also cry n scream. Any gd way to sooth him?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

A lot of young ones transition to night mode around 7pm, and they long to be back in a familiar environment to settle down. My LO also gets cranky if we don’t start preparing her for sleep. Sometimes we need to make sacrifices and try to bring our LOs home earlier. While outdoors, if your LO is in a stroller, he may feel scared and insecure. Swaddling may help. Using a baby carrier to keep him close to you is a good alternative.

Read more

bring out more often. my 19 mths boy had been going out since 1 mth so he is used to being on pram. eat sleep also no issue... he loves to be in car looking out of window or just doze off... just that now we seldom bring out so often coz of covid.. sometimes play date at home or neighbour house then he will tend to be cranky at times.

Read more
Super Mum

That's quite common, my baby also will make a big fuss if we're still outside at night time. Try to limit outdoor time at night since they need to have a familiar environment to sleep peacefully. They will get better eventually, mine was OK with night time outside at 9-10 months

baby wear. sling, wrap or carrier. Babies want skin to skin contact and they will feel safe. Also better not to bring baby out 7pm timing and if you are outside, try to go indoors are babies are sensitive.

Maybe baby is tired. Try find out like wet diaper issue, poop issue, hungry issue, weather hot or cold issue, want to sleep, colic, uncomfortable on pram, need parent to carry and hug or to rock...

VIP Member

Maybe he is overwhelmed. Try to entertain him with anything around him like decors. My son likes fountains and leaves. Carry him to make him feel safe. Hope it helps.☺️

TapFluencer

not sure if you are superstitious or if you believe it. baby tend to be sensitive. you have to go around and ask medium for solutions for this.

Try to bring them out more often to get them used to outdoor but move to less noisy environment during evening.

My 3mth bby too started crying out loud recently. Just had to calm him n nurse him and put him to sleep.

VIP Member

May b he needs some toys or soothing may helpful