Bleeding in 8 weeks pregnancy

Hi ladies.. First time mother here.. Im 33 years old and got pregnant after IUI procedure.. Currently 8 weeks pregnant and saw baby and baby's heartbeat in last scan.. However, 2 days ago and today I experienced vaginal bleeding. I rushed to doctor who said baby is safe. Today I am again at the doctor waiting to be examined.. Any of you experienced this before? Should I be worried?

307 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i hope the bleeding has stopped by this time. I totally feel you. I conceived via IVF, and experienced heavy vaginal bleeding during wk6. All out of sudden during an afternoon, without any signs. I rushed to A&E, and was hospitalised for 2 nights, given the progesterone injection immediately on the admission day, and medicine. Did transvaginal ultrasound to confirm baby is safe. I then later returned to my private gynae who did my IVF, doctor explained that medical studies ever found that woman tend to have higher risk in vaginal bleeding during embryo implantation (wk6+), when the gestation formed. Reason being the progesterone level might suddenly drop at this stage, causing the bleeding. Though for us who did IVF, we've been prescribed with progesterone medications upon embryo transfer. My gynae instructed me to double up the progesterone medication (Duphaston), and gave me the I/M prolution injection every two days, for a continuous of 10 jabs. Although the bleeding seems to be stop, but i still continue with brown spottings thereafter. It took me nearly two wks time to have everything stop and resume to normal. I am now 13wks+ and doing fine. Don't get panic, or stress. Vaginal bleeding is common in first trimester. Try to relax, and have more rest. Avoid strenuous activities, not too much walking. Take care :)

Read more

Same here. I am 8 weeks pregnant and had terrible vaginal bleeding last week. My husband and I rushed to the doctor to check the baby's condition. Thanks God the baby still has the heartbeat. But after that the doctor asked me to have a complete bedrest. I was only allowed to pee and poop. We also sent daily message to the doctor for control. And tons of vitamin and medicine, including progesterone. Today we went for check up and the result was good. Still a little amount of blood left, therefore I will still have flecks. I can do more activity but preferred to sit down most of the time. What I can suggest based on my experience is: - discuss with your doctor as what to do - obey the doctor's advices carefully - eat a lot of fiber and fruits - drink abundant amount of water - nothing to stress or worry about. Keep calm and talk with your baby (trust me, it works). Tell your baby that you're gonna fight with him/her together. Good luck and all the best for your pregnancy 😄

Read more
4y ago

💯👍🏻

Yes.... My 1st pregnancy when I was 23 years old. The best part I actually don't know that I was pregnant. I have problem with my period so 2 or 3 months not getting my period its common for me. But after a few months I sense something not right bcoz when my period came its just a dot, little blood & it came 1 or 2 days after that nothing. It keeps happening like this a few times get me worried. I straight go to doctor for checkup then the doctor told me that I was pregnant 20 weeks. The doctor told me that I experienced vaginal bleeding and I was lucky that the baby was safe. Don't worried too much. Make sure you don't stress your self. Eat healthy food, get enough rest(most important), don't force your self to do heavy jobs & see your doctor immediately if you feel something not right. I pray for you & your baby ..

Read more

Hi, I am also first time mother, I am 34 years old, currently 8 weeks+ pregnant. I had vaginal bleeding too on 20/2 (7 weeks pregnancy) and 26/2 (8 weeks pregnancy). I rushed to my gynecologist as soon as I noticed the bleedings and both findings showed that my baby is ok. Dr gave me oral progesterone at my first bleeding and the second one I got an injection. Dr advised me to rest more at home and relax myself. She did mention this is called “threatened miscarriage” during my second bleeding, but I found it very common in pregnancies after I read through some articles online. I am not sure if my condition is same as you, but as long as the findings show your baby is ok, then nothing much to be worried. Take more rest and relax!

Read more
4y ago

Hi geka.. kkgling ko lang sa ob ko knina.. kc tuloy tuloy prin spotting ko from light brown to brown.. since last tvs ko ay feb 19. And nagstart spotting ko ng feb 26 and 10 days nko nag ggamot. Answer is yes. Pinaulit po ung tvs para malaman kung bkit drdrtso spotting. And thanks god.. ok c baby.. wala prob.. all good result..malakas heart beat. Pinalitan lang ung gamot ko n pampakapit dting heregst ngaun iba na.. tpos reseta mga vits and pinalitan din folic ko..

hi po. share ko lang po sana. first time ko po kasi to and i would like to hear po sa mga mommies na if naexperience na nila experiece ko. 24 Nov po dinatnan ako. dec 1-30 po mgksama kami ni hubby. 26 december po dinatnan ako. 1day lang po sya tapos malakas. then kinabukasan nah stop po( if mens po talaga) Tapos january 1 po lagi masakit puson ko na parang may malalaglag. 5 January po nag pt ako positive po gang 15 january nag ppt ako puro positive po. D ko po inexpect kasi kala ko dinatnan ako nung 26 December. 16 Jan po nagpunta ako ob tinrans v po ako. kaso d pa makita si baby. wala sila makita. tapos sabi lang ni ob makapal lining ko. bngyan nya akp folic and duphaston.. Bakit po kaya d pa mkta si baby ☹ Natatakot ako e.. pero gusto ko prin mag stay positive.. thanks po sa opinyon nyo. salamat mga mommies.

Read more
3y ago

Hii. Last mens ko po Nov 24. January 1 po nagsimula ng sumakit din ang puson ko pati balakang. Gabi gabi d po ko makasleep. Jan 5 ngpt po ako positive. Check up po ko jan 8. Nagpatransv din po. Sac lang po yung nakita sakin dat time, at may blood clot po sa loob(d po ako dinantnan ng Dec, kahit Spotting po). Binigyan po ko folic and duphaston plus bed rest for 2 weeks . Bumalik po ko sa ob ng jan 22. Meron pa din po yung blood clot. Pero may heartbeat na po. Pinapatuloy po sakin ung duphaston and balik sa ob plus transv ulit sa Feb 4. Bed rest ka din po. And pray ❤️ tas patrans v ka po ulit :)

TapFluencer

I had a bleeding/spotting also. For weeks actually. started last March 5 and on-off spotting up to yesterday I think. Nakailang OBGYNE ako para lang dito pero ang snasabi I don't have bleeding inside. I am not panicking pero naiirita ako sa brown stain on my undies so I went on 4th opinion sa ob last March 20. ayun it isn't normal to have spotting for weeks. but the baby's fine, and has a heart beat and I don't have any bleeding nor hemorrage sa sa sinapupunan. bed reat lang talaga for a week and duphaston and herogest since we need prgesterone daw esp on first trime, ayun after some days of bed rest, nawala yung spotting. baka tagtag din ako sa biyahe since I am working at BGC. Always reach out to your doctor if it's really bothersome and for the peace of mind also. 💖

Read more
3y ago

right, same when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Bleeding and then spotting for over a week. It stopped after I took additional meds and had to have a sick leave for 2weeks. Now I am 9 weeks preg and no more spotting.

Hi poh.. I'm on my 8weeks and 3 days pregnancy... Last July 6 Lang po ng Gabi I experienced bleeding as in bleeding red siya tas parang ayaw mg stop... Dapat po talaga punta agad sa OB KC nung 2 ND baby ko akala ko normal Lang Ang spotting and bleeding dahil bz sa work...then I tot malaki na siya kc 3 months na siya only to find out that Wala na palang baby sa amniotic sac ko. Take note the same morning sickness po Ang nfifill ko halos parang ok Lang talaga siya pero hinde na pala.... Much better to follow the advise of your OB po... especially same s akin po mababa ang matris... 3rd baby ko na to and hoping malalagpsan namin to ni baby.

Read more

I'm also 33 y/o i also experience it for 18 consecutive days of bleeding/spotting.on my 1st pre natal check up which my baby is 6-7weeks I was recommended to take bedrest & take isoprene & utrogestan (vaginal inserted progesterone)but nothing change after a week I was suggested to admit to hospital but I don't want since it's pandemic.i decided to take second opinion for another ob and trace that my left ovary has this corpus luteum my baby is still safe as for her as my trans v shows it too.i was injected for the bleeding & change my med into duphaston & stop my previous meds given by my first ob.and now I recovered no more bleeding again.

Read more
3y ago

god bless u and your baby

I actually experienced MC because of this. Well, i blamed it on my negligence. I was spotting and went to the gynae. Hb was present but gynae asked me to monitor. After a week, the spotting came back and I thought of monitoring for a day or two before visiting the gynae. Spotting was very very minimal and on/off for almost a week. (Some days without spotting) And suddenly, the cramp was so so so painful that I have to curl up. Took Panadol and went for a nap. Woke up feeling “empty” and totally no pain at all. Checked my panty liner and a huge lump of clot was present. Gynae said I had a complete miscarriage. Lesson learnt for me ):

Read more

Hi dear, i im 28 this year. Currently at 7 weeks pregnant. Few days ago i happen to experience the same like you. I saw a patch blood mark on my panties, and i quickly rushed to the emergency hospital and after the check up, i was assured that the baby is fine. As for the bleeding, it is normal for my body to experience it. It is good to see a doctor to assure you that if it were to happen again, you would know its normal for your body as different mommies experiences differently. I was given hormone pills to help stabilise the situation. Hope this helps! Stay safe!

Read more