Baby’s head not engaged at 39th week day 2

Hi Mummies, I am 39 weeks 2 days pregnant today and went for my scan. The doctor said that baby’s head is still not engaged. Any suggestions on what can I do to engage baby’s head ? Anyone who experienced this? Will this harm the baby in any way ? #advicepls #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When the time is ready baby's head will be engaged at your birth canal. For me, I didn't do anything for both kids, it was naturally engaged within a week and both I am 3cm dilate. It will not harm the baby at all. Just do more walks, squats and don't stress. Body will let you know when time is ready. First child I give birth at 41 weeks, 1 day and second child 40 weeks, 2 day. So, just cross finger within this 1 week baby's head engaged soon.

Read more
1y ago

Okay. Thank you so much. I was getting worried if this will harm the baby

My #1 was not engaged even at week 39 day 5. But I had contractions on week 39 day 6 and water bag broke on week 40(EDD) itself. Delivered naturally :) 2 midwives were needed to help me to push the baby at the tummy. Was only in labour room for 7hours.

1y ago

I did not have such symptoms. I do know that lower back pain is caused by the baby weight. Do check with your gynea for any symptoms. The only thing to worry about is a decision to induce or C-sect after 41 weeks. During my routine checkup on Week 39 day 5, my gynea were laying out these options to me and told me if i don’t deliver after another week then I have to choose induce or c-sect. Do check the baby kicks diligently as well :)