HB Rendah, GDM dan Masalah Kehamilan Lain: Topik ATE Minggu Ini!

🥳 Jom ajukan soalan anda di ruangan post ini dan produk PERCUMA menanti 3 pengguna bertuah! Pakar yang akan berkongsi ilmu dan tips minggu ini adalah Dr. Muniswaran Ganeshan, Consultant at the Women and Children’s Hospital Kuala Lumpur (Hospital Tunku Azizah, KL) 📰 Topik: Cara Mengatasi Masalah Kehamilan: HB Rendah, GDM, Anemia dll 🗓️ Tarikh: 12 Oktober 2023 Jika anda ada sebarang pertanyaan berkaitan dengan topik ini, jangan malu-malu untuk kemukakan soalan anda. Pakar kami akan sedia membantu! ⛔ *NOTA: Sebarang persoalan luar daripada topik dan tarikh yang ditetapkan mungkin tidak akan dijawab atau dipadam terus.

HB Rendah, GDM dan Masalah Kehamilan Lain: Topik ATE Minggu Ini!
14 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

Hi Dr Muniswaran. I am blood type O and my baby is blood type is B. I had anemia and GDM during pregnancy. After baby was born full term at 38w, he had prolonged jaundice and anemia requiring iron, folic acid and multivitamin supplement. What could have caused my baby to have anemia? Did my anemia during pregnancy caused my baby to have anemia, or his jaundice/ different blood type caused it? For my next pregnancy, how do I prevent anemia and GDM? Can I somehow prevent baby from having prolonged jaundice? Thank you doctor!

Baca lagi
8mo ago

Thank you for asking such an important question related to prolonged jaundice. There are many reasons for anemia, namely Iron or B12 deficiency and sometimes even Thalassemia. Do we know the exact reason for your anemia? Having blood group O and baby being B does not actually increase the risk of your baby to have prolonged jaundice. If the jaundiced was prolonged but mild, not requiring intensive phototherapy, than I believe that is not a major concerns but if it is severe, than we are sometimes more concerned with infection, liver, thyroid disease and some metabolic causes. Having anemia and GDM per se also does not increase your risk of prolonged jaundice. My advice to you is that it is best to know the exact reason for your anemia, and to exclude heritable causes such as Thalassemia. It is also important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, have yearly checks for DM and screen for GDM early in your future pregnancy. Prolonged jaundice usually does not reoccur again in future pregnanci