stress (":

Im really sorry if i have to rant it here . But im like mentally drained right now . So basically right now im going to have an upcoming baby number 3 . Which is me and husband didnt plan for the 3rd . But basically he ask me to kept it . So we agree on it . But the thing is right now my second baby is only 1 years old and im right now 4 months pregnant . Im having a hard time taking care of him , a few times me at home giving him medication he will kick my tummy super hard and its painful . And whenever i scold him he wont listen he keep on crying so loud . My first son is already going to sparkletots . So yea . Right now im trying to say that im mentally drained . Im not even ready for the 3rd baby bcos im staying my own hse nobody is helping me . Like i have to do everything in this hse . Husband is always working . Hais . Any advice on hw to takecare of my upcoming baby and my toodmes 1 years old . Like newborn baby is tiring . Sleepless night and wverything . I knw myself. When im too stress i will cry. And will tell my husband abt it but he will nvr understand my situation bcos he thinks that staying home is not tiring with kids. (": pls help me....

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy is 1 yo when I found out I'm preg again. Hes at the age of learning to walk. So it was super taxing for me even just taking care of him at night at weekends either alone or with hub. Now I'm in week 11, I surrendered and got a helper. She is helping me to chase aft my super active boy while I sit on sofa talking and playing with my boy... and she helps on housework

Read more
Super Mum

Please show your hb some recent news about mums who were under too much mental stress postnatal that they died. And how can he be supportive if he doesn’t listen to you. He is not the one at home all day so he cannot comment how mentally draining it can be. You have to give him an ultimatum. Let him know how serious you are.

Read more

Feel so sad for u. I'm taking of my newborn now during maternity and already can't cope unless got my hubby around. Ask ur hubby to put himself in your shoes by staying home and taking care of the kids for 1 day and do the household chores as well. See if he still think not tiring.

I feel you even thou mine just 1 and shes 17 months and active while I'm 5 mths pregs. I'm. Overwhelm with work and house duty. Hubs working. I'm planning to take a helper to ease my load. You can atleast rest and recuperate and not let it stresses you or the baby. Jiayou mummy.

Probably #2 is feeling a little insecure as he may be finding that attention on him is less. Just need to guide him along and get your hubby and #1 to help more with #2. If can engage some help from parents or in-laws or even a helper will be good.

Sorry to hear this! It sounds so stressful! Is your husband open to employing some form of help? Even if not comfortable with hiring a full-time helper maybe can get a part-time cleaner to take off the domestic chores from your hands?

4y ago

I wish he can understand what im facing but he seems like he dont understand. We argue abt this matter alot. He said staying home taking care of the kids is not tiring (": . Hahaha . Im mentally drained.

How about going back to work to earn money so you can afford a maid to take care of the kids And send number 2 & 3 to preschool? Less stress that way

Send the 2 elder ones to childcare if can afford so during the day you have personal time for yourself.

Can ur family or anyone can help u out? Basically u need someone there. Or maybe can get a helper?

VIP Member

Try to get freelance job to get a helper. It cost 1000 sgd inclusive tax to get a maid