โœ•

10 Replies

just went thru emergency csect 13 days ago! they will start with giving you regional anesthesia by giving you injection down the spine while they have u seated and curled forward. slowly, they will lie you down on the operating table. u will start feeling warm and tingling sensation down your feet and tummy. ur body may start to shiver too. the doctors will keep on checking whether your legs and tummy can feel any cold or sharp objects. they will only start the operation when you cannot feel anything tummy down. u will be awake, so at anytime u feel discomfort or pain or difficulty in breathing, just voice out. im sure the team of doctors and nurses will be able to help u out! post csect, u will have a urine tube inside u to help ur urine. usually they will keep it overnight after the operation. cos really it helps. u dont even want to think about using the toilet with the stitches down there ๐Ÿ˜… best to standby and bring a surgical abdominal binder from home if you confirm for csect. u will need it after the operation. otherwise, i believe the nurses could order one for u since it might be hard to get the right measurement before delivery ๐Ÿ˜… try to rest as much after csect. sit up in bed, yes. sit OUT of bed only the next day would ve best. keep a small pillow close by. everytime u change position, for example from lying to sitting, hold the pillow close to your stitches. when sneezing and coughing too! u will be on painkillers too! either suppositories or oral. take them even if u dont feel any pain. it helps especially when it's time for u to sit out of bed and tend to baby! ultimately, the stitches are dissolvable and usually the dressing will be removed when you see gynae in clinic after a week ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Thank you so much for sharing with so much in details.. i cant thank you enough ๐Ÿ˜˜

Super Mum

Hi mummy! I opted for c-sec and didn't regret it at all! It was quite a quick one (total about half an hour) and it's not as scary as I imagine it to be. First they will have you anethetise from chest downwards from a sitting position curled forward and once done, u will be slowly asked to lie down. About 5 mins later, when u don't feel anything at all they will start the operation. In less than 10 mins your baby will be out and crying. While the nurse let you have skin to skin contact with the baby, they will proceed to clean up your wound and stitch everything up. By the time you know it, they will be done and you will be wheeled out of the operation room. Congrats and all the best!! :)

I didn't feel anything at all as I was all focused on my baby.... :)

TapFluencer

My first C sect experience don't force yourself just rest during your confinement. And apply whatever cream or med for your wound the doctor give regularly. I tried to do things on my own and ended up wound tear during 2nd week so just rest. C sect and coping with latching and pumping won't be easy. Just rmb to follow the flow don't force yourself too much!

VIP Member

Having given birth twice, one normal and recently, c-sect, I now prefer c-sect. I was really scared at first because of how other people made it sound, but itโ€™s really not that bad. Within 6 minutes, Iโ€™ve delivered my girl smoothly. And my recovery was quite fast. Though try not to carry heavy stuff yet coz the internal wound does not heal so fast. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Pls be more pampering n donโ€™t carry heavy stuff after coming back home i had C section a month ago n I regret being too strong n doing house work etc ,donโ€™t do it as for the operation donโ€™t be scare its nothing much you will feel abit pain a day after but you will b given painkillers at hospital hope you have a safe delivery good luck!!

VIP Member

I also a c section mum for 2 times and emergency one.for c section when birth not pain,but for me after 2nd sec c sectiion the wound is pain.You have to rest well ,try dun carry heavy things and get someone or family member help you carry baby.

Thank you for your advise. Will practise that ๐Ÿ˜˜

Hi. I had C Section 3months ago. Although I can feel a bit pain sometimes around wound and numb. But dont worry it's not scary like we imagine before. Don't carry heavy stuff, if you want something ask ur husband for help ๐Ÿ˜„

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-c-section-recovery-care-tips

TapFluencer

Iโ€™m like u. Gonna have my c sect in 2 weeks time. And Iโ€™m soooo nervous.. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

TapFluencer

I'm a twice csec mum. Operation wise is quite fast, within 30 mins will be out of theatre alr. As long u are not on GA u will be able to see ur baby shortly after delivery. First one will definitely be more painful than the 2nd, since it is a fresh cut. There will be nurses and therapists to help u move up and down from bed. For my 1st one i can't even walk properly due to the pain but my 2nd one i can come down and walk alr a day after deliver. After discharge don't carry heavy things and wear ur binder.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles