How is spinal anaesthesia C sect like? Can anyone share your experience(s)?

Going for C Sect next week and I am very nervous about the surgery. How does it feel to have spinal anaesthesia (bottom torso numbed) and side effects. Can you share your C sect experience with me? #advicepls #FTM #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

could be running on adrenaline high. i could only rmb the needle on the back of the hand is as painful as the needle in the back. they basically get u to sit in a shaped of a C so that your spine is protruded. after the injection they will get u to lie down. ask u about your preferred music artiste. insert the urine catheter was weird even tho the numbing sensation has kicked in. you can still feel all the touch and tugging and pulling and pushing sensation but u cannot feel pain. it is a weird sensation. u are also not able to move your toes or lift your knee when the anaesthesia is in full effect. they test it via a big block of ice. getting u to rank the coldness on a scale of ten. if u dont feel the cold, u dont feel the pain. the two most common side effects of spinal anaesthesia are shivering and itch. for me i didnt experience shivering. but the itch after the surgery for me was so unbearable. i just want to scratch myself with a knife. the side effects went off after 24 hours. in comparison i felt that the pain on wound site post partum definitely hurts more than the spinal anaesthesia. dont have to worry too much just make sure you relax and take it easy. when they tell u to breathe in just follow accordingly. dont let your body tense up. hope this helps!

Read more

I just had c sect a week ago. The injection itself not painful. You will feel that someone tried to dig ur stomach haha it’s so weird feeling but i donr feel any pain. Wanted to vomit but in the end didnt vomit Side effect that i have is shivering that lasted for about 3hours and afterwards feel itchy

Read more
8mo ago

thank you 😊🙏

thank you so much 👍🙏