age era

Im delivering in another 2 weeks time. My baby still in breech position, so gynae suggest c sect. My parent do not understand and kept insisiting on natural birth, say therr is no such thing as a need for c sect. How i hope parent could be more understanding. My parent has been the old traditional type of parent, who thinks they have to keep lecturing kids for their wellbeing, communication is tough. To the extend, i tot of not informing them.on my admission to hospital, i guess i will get whole lots of nagging and lecturing right after my delivery. Now giving birth is so stressful

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Can you bring your parents to the next appointment or if not ask gynae to speak to them on the phone and explain? My parents were against epidural and anything unnatural also, but in the end doctors are the ones who are trained to save lives so we should listen to them. Please don't worry, stay positive and mindful. All the best with your delivery.

Read more
5y ago

Thanks Linh

Hi, Stressing is the last thing you should be doing. Parents sometimes have string opinions and thoughts and they would not want to give up soon. It is best you make informed decision based on technology advancements which has made C sect posiibble, so do not worry about it and go ahead

Do what u think is right babe n good for ur health. As much as what they r going to say would b hurtful, but ur health n the baby comes first. Doc wouldnt suggest c-sect as a first choice usually. So its for ur n baby own good tht doc is suggesting it now. U can do this.

5y ago

Thanks...

VIP Member

Hmmm...A bit difficult for us to explain to our parents , most old folks will it listen to doctors... But I too feel that this is the last thing you should worry or be stressed about. Focus on you health and your delivery take care!

TapFluencer

No need to stress. The important thing is you and baby are safe after delivery. Science and technology has progressed now so no need to feel bad if you make your informed decision and not necessarily follow your parents opinion

VIP Member

maybe can explain like this. on breech position, baby's head is not closing the passage, so if water broke first before the schedule, it will gush out and if no more water inside, the baby will be in danger. hope it help

5y ago

Thanks babe.

Super Mum

I have tough times explaining pretty much everything to my parents and in-laws i gave up. Nothing helps, not articles, not professional opinions 😓i just go with what i think is best for myself and my bubs.

TapFluencer

Old people are hard to manage, hugs hugs. Can't advise much but no matter what u should decide with your hubby and yourself will do. Hope for a smooth delivery for you. 🤗

5y ago

Thank you :)

Super Mum

What i do, is i will drag my parents or in laws to check up so that the gynae can explain to them face to face

Super Mum

You can bring your parents along during your gynae appointment.