Vaginal birth vs C-sect

Hi mummies, I’d like to get your opinions on the pros and cons of vaginal birth and c-sect for mummies who have experienced either or both. I’m currently 34 weeks and my baby is still breeched. I’ve always imagined having a vaginal birth but now my gynae seems to be mentally preparing me for a c-sect (he’s not keen on ECV). I’d like to experience a vaginal delivery but now may not be possible :( #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey beautiful, you are at 34 weeks and there are exercises and helps that you can use beside ECV. Have you heard of Webster by chiropractor? Dr Melanie of One Spine is someone you can consider... Check out Spinning Babies exercises as well. The balance always comes first so I will encourage you to prioritise forward leaning inversion before using the rest of the exercises. Use the lower height for this exercise, shorter duration (when in inverted position) and more frequency per day. Also, are you open to second opinion by other obstetrician? There are quite a number of good obstetricians you can approach. Breech delivery is another option by skilful obstetrician. Always, talk to your baby and this is also an amazing prenatal bonding time!

Read more

Hi mummy! I’m at 34weeks too and baby is breech transverse 😅🥲 Was head down initially and now he decided it’s more comfortable to stay at transverse. I’m doing exercises to encourage baby to turn and if rly can’t, l might be doing the ECV. Hope yours turn ❤️

I opted for C-section as I know very well that natural birth process is definitely not for me. Im grateful that my gynae and the team is skilful and everything went well. My incision heals normally without any complication. Im glad for my decision. 😄

Read more

Talk to ur baby. It will help. My prev one was breeched but i talk n talk until she turned. Gynae was alr prepping me mentally for csec.

You can try talk to your baby.

TapFluencer

i opted for cs