My gynae told me tht likely I would require a c sect when I give birth though natural is also still possible for now but may b tough on me given my small size and age. I'm in a dilemma... I know natural would likely take a toll on me and I'm more towards c sect but...I'm very afraid of the pain aft op. Is it really bad or painful for c sect or is something u would describe as still manageable? Pain tht make u wna scream or more of burning feeling etc can I still nurse my bb..breastfeed right aft op as movements r restricted? Do share ur c sect experience.tks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is this ur first preg? I am also a small size mother. Initially I thot I cant squeeze out my child but i still went on with natural. I healed within 3 days as compared to my sis who went thru c sect and healed 2 weeks. She was only allowed to see her bb the next day. Whereas, my bb was brought to me to nurse right after I delivered. No matter whether c sect or natural, after the epidural subsided, the pain feeling will be back. Painkillers will be provided which I didnt consume at all. The pain is tolerable for natural. As for c sect, my sis's diet, movements had to be restricted to prevent tear. U are not able to have any post natal massage straightaway.

Read more

I had an emergency csect with my firstborn, despite being 8cm dilated. The first 12 hours, I still felt numb. But after that, the pain came. It hurts especially when I laugh or cough. It hurts when trying to get up and walk. But, I still breastfeed my son. He slept with me, I did not send him back to nursery. I stand up to pick him up when it's time for feeding. Yes, it's painful but definitely worth it seeing my son and even when I breastfeed him. Soon, you will learn to be immune to it. All the best!

Read more
TapFluencer

I had two c sections and after the c sections, they realised I was allergic to NSAIDS. that left me with panadine and parasol for pain management. I still got through it. with proper pain meds, you should be fine.

If you are having a cesarean, an epidural, rather than a general anesthetic, can leave you alert, so that you can breastfeed immediately after birth in the delivery room.