Working Mother Handling 2 Kids.

Hi, im currently expecting no. 2 and the elder one is in primary school. I'm thinking how to handle both kids after i'm back to work with all the breastfeeding and care needed for the younger one, also need to teach my first child her homework etcs.. Need to fetch both child from primary school / infant care and cook after work... There's no one stay near me to help out. Please share your experiences or tips with me.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats on the second bundle of joy😊 Suggestion: If you are staying near your parents/in-laws, probably get them involved. They can help to drop by to look after your children. Maybe once, twice/three times a week. For your eldest child, perhaps you can allowed by taking the school bus. Provide your child with his/her own house keys. Fix a CCTV at home to monitor how your child is coping. You can communicate with your child through the CCTV voice recording. For your newborn, perhaps after maternity is over, you can send your child to the infant care centre near to your eldest child's school or near your working location. Always choose the location that is nearest to you. Save time and travelling journey. Money too. Arrange for a tingkat(food) delivery to your home so that your eldest child can have lunch after getting home from school. It can be done. Just have to make sure that the timing is close enough to the school bus timing when your child get home. That way, when your child reached home, he/she can just collect the food at the house gate. For dinner, you/spouse can buy along the way home. Always prepare extra groceries in the fridge so that in near future, you do not have to rush to buy stuffs on the way home after work. It saves time. Good luck😊😉

Read more
5y ago

Thank you for your suggestions. It's a great help!

VIP Member

If u find that doing all these is not sustainable, your hubby needs to chip in to help. It's not fair for you to work and handle home and children and pumping solo while he comes back and shake leg and expect everything to be magically done. Your elder child should also be old enough to help with certain chores around the house too. Alternatively, pay for help. Live in domestic help or nanny or tingkat services.

Read more
5y ago

Tingkat service sounds good. My husband work from morning till late night, when he reach home the earliest will be 11pm++ which hard to get help from him.

Hi, I would suggest pre-cook your meals in the morning or at night? Also, please get you relatives and closed family members to help you out. Speak to your husband as well about this on how can you two manage work

VIP Member

It is tough! I'm at the same situation but just my elder son now is 5years old and my baby is 16month. Every is Super busy. Especially after work. Maybe your partner could help out a bit.

5y ago

That's really alot of work. You're really a strong Mom! 💪🏻

VIP Member

You could try and prepare your meals in the morning or the night before like most of my colleagues. Do get some help from your parents if possible

5y ago

I'm afraid i will be over exhausted to do so as I'm planning to breastfeed and take care of the younger one too. Parents stay far from us so definitely is impossible.

Do you have any family that can help out?

5y ago

We do not stay near any family members so hard to get any help.

Childcare or seek nanny help

5y ago

Helper will be the last option though 😅 Husband work long hours so definitely hard to help.

Super Mum

Hire a maid or baby sitter ?

5y ago

This is the last choice i will take.

VIP Member

hire a baby sitter?

5y ago

This is one of the thing we are considering. Baby sitter or infant care for the younger one.