Working parents arrangement for kids

Hi working mummies, altho my baby is still in infant care, i would like to know in advanced for my own future knowledge so i can plan. Both me and husband working 8-6pm. I only know from infant care - N2 they operate 7am - 7pm. Which is still doable for us, working parents. Main caregiver, no extra helping hands. After N2 is kindergarten? Will pcf auto promote kids from N2 to kindergarten and whats the operating hours like? Is it still 7am - 7pm? If no, how did you plan for your child to be taken care of once school finish if its still your working hours. Same goes to primary school. Once school finish, whats the alternative care while waiting for parents to end work to fetch them? First time mum here

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After N2 is K1 and childcare hours is the same. Many pri schs now have their own student care (though priority will be given to families on some kind of financial aid) but if can't get, there's always other student care centres outside. Best to find one near your house. Easier for u to fetch. If your child's sch is quite far frm the student care centre, u'll need to pay the student care bus transport fees too.

Read more

the childcare centres opening hours should remain the same regardless of which grade the children are in. for primary school, I don't have much advice since my kid is still young hehe, but I'd recommend you think of alternative care in advance, eg your parents or a helper to lend an extra hand

for PCF, kids auto promote to PCF kindergarten or MOE Kindergarten if center is small. if it's MOE Kindergarten, there will be Kcare after/before the 4hrs class. as for Primary, you may choose to put your child to nearby student care center after school.

Read more

There are students care in the primary school or centres outside, eg Happinest (some even fetch your kid from school)

TapFluencer

if not grandparents, student care