curious

Im 5 months pregnant and im currently under kkh at the moment. But some people that i know told me they had bad experience at kkh not sure like what kind of experience. Im curious to know how bad isit?? Anyone experience this before? Please share so i can be more aware

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to KKH Private earlier on for my early check up and first visit. The staff was so unfriendly. Asked to go over at 8.20am but stated at the counter 8.30am start registration but counter with staff. I went over to ask am I at the correct reporting location, she giving me attitude. Ask me to wait for my number to be call and give black face. My number have been called and at another counter that person really very friendly but never give clear instruction which counter should I report to even she ask first time here, first baby?I dun understand y ask. Then I found the correct place for reporting but waited awhile then realised need to pass the piece of paper to the counter staff which from the previous counter. After the ultra scan need to wait for the paper from from counter to proceed for doctor consultation and have to find my way there again!! Found already and waited awhile then realised have to pass them the paper from previous counter too. All staff never inform what should I do. Really seriously very lousy with this private rate. The doctor only help to analysis the result from the sonogram or report. Also never advise much on what thing should take note of. Doctor did ask first pregnancy but ended up she ask me anything to ask? I was thinking what do I need to know? Really not very good impression of their staff. Last is the payment, I have to ask do I need take number or can just make payment. The only signboard which is clearly stated is the payment signage. Really very disappointed. And now changed to other better private DR. This is my bad experience.

Read more

I just gave birth at few weeks ago. During regular check up, everything was fine and my doctor was super nice (im under private since im a Foreigner). But honestly my labor experience wasnt that pleasant. - my doctor was on leave during my labor so I was handled by stand by doctor, but she was a senior doctor so no issue on that part - due to corona virus, my husband couldn't stay with me during my 2 days stay (A1 ward), can you believe ftm just gave birth with 3rd degree tear had to take care of the baby herself? And they told me that my baby couldnt stay at the nursery because she cried alot. I went insane that time. - I wasnt so happy with nurse in charge of my labor. She increased my epidural intake and gave me anti nauseous injection (without telling me that it will make me sleepy) in the end, i couldnt feel anything and unable to push effectively - baby needed to be vacuumed but the first vaccum broke!!! Me and husband were so scared since the baby's heartbeat was dropping, in the end they need to find replacement of the vacuum - most of the ward nurses were helpful, but one or two seemed annoyed if you ask for their help. I was ftm so needed guidance for breastfeeding, but some of them looked so annoyed But Im just thankful my baby is here and healthy and try to be more positive about the experience. Perhaps you should be more vocal and speak up about what you want, but still be nice to the doctors and staffs since you will rely on their helps alot.

Read more
4y ago

I agreed. Mine was csect and I was expected to take care of my newborn on my first night. Half way I told them to bring the baby to nursery. After a few hours, they bring back to me again. I also stayed in A1 ward.

There are always stories about the difference to "Private" and "Subsidised". Private: Usually better service Senior Doctor/Professor (More experience under their belt, how many awards received etc.) More $$ Nurses treat you more "Human" Respect(Very Important) Waiting time different from "The Favourite Doctor Is" & Big Hospital(KKH, SGH,NUH)/Small Hospital(TM,MT E., MT A., East Shore etc.) Subsidised: Junior Doctor (Some are less then 5 years experience/Nothing under their belt/Starters) Different Doctor each time(If lucky same Doctor😆) Longer waiting time Usually the Senior Nurse are attached to these Doctors(More Knowledgable) "The Not Sure Doctor" Service can be good/so-so Less $$ So it all depends. Which ever that make you comfortable. Go for it😉😊

Read more

I have asked friends who delivered at KKH, SGH and mount A. Have heard both good and bad in all institutions The biggest advantage of KKH is their strong paediatric support. If there is any complication during delivery or if the baby needs special follow up after birth, you know you are in good hands. They are also the hospital of choice for high risk pregnancy referred by private gynae. My friends said their a1 class delivery ward is very comfortable I'm 6 months pregnant and currently follow up at KKH as a private patient. Happy with my gynae (a senior consultant) and clinic staff so far. No 2 pregnancy experience is the same. Standard of care may vary depending on who is on duty that shift on that day. So I would say choose based on your gynae more than the institution.

Read more

This is my 2nd pregnancy... And so far so good I have no issue being with different gynae or private gynae... I do encounter bad and good staff but we have to think positive maybe the bad staffs have her days told off by patients like us or more... bad or good reviews, most important that baby and mummies is good and healthy.. even if u go to private hospital for check up or delivery... It not gonna be 100% good service or staffs... So all the best mummies whoever going to check up or delivery at KKH, SGH, NUH or PRIVATE HOSPITAL... Not everyone have their bad days or staffs...

Read more

Have always been to kkh for checkup n delivery try subsidy n private 1 b4 during my 1st child had a bad exp with most of the indian doctor nt being racist bt tht is my experience..till i met 1 of this doctor frm class D n thn now private Dr Tan Teng Hao..friendly, kind and understanding doctor..will tell u in details n really tk care of u..now im expecting my 4th n Dr Tan is still my favourite😍

Read more

Same goes to me, im in my 5 months too. And under KKH. I heard alot of bad reviews and experience also . So far for all my checkup that i have been to, everything is going well. Its just that the waiting time is long. Actually its all depends on luck also. Hope that everything will goes well and smoothly. Just pray for the best for our checkup and delivery journey with KKH ❤.

Read more

I’m under KKH subsidised. Currently 25 weeks. Experience so far is pretty good! Service is not bad and doctors and nurses are all friendly and professional. Wait time is actually quite ok too. But then I guess it really boils down to your own expectations. But for me, for the amount I’m saving, I would say the quality is top-notch.

Read more
VIP Member

I guess when they said they have bad experience it will mostly voice down to seeing different doctors every visit because its under subsidiaries rates. Also maybe coz it government hospital so longer waiting time. But do u know i was send to KKH when i was pregnant with twins from TMC because KKH was the full fledged hospital. :)

Read more
VIP Member

my first preg was at KKH, all of the staff and nurse was ok but the waiting time is very long but when im in labour, yea some staffs are like having a bad day or smtg so its quite bad for me. second preg im on NUH and its good, all the staffs and nurses are very nice. the waiting time is not long either. dk bout the labour yet.

Read more