A first timer dad feeling curious..

Hi, Just feeling curious, do pregnant womens had their sense of smelling changed? im Dad wannabe, im a Light Smoker, i used to smoke at home, but eversince my wife is pregnant, i've been smoking at the ground floor smoking zone.. Before headed back home, i will eat some sweet to freshen up my breath. Right after im back home, my wife said she can smell a smoked cigarette so strong. Do Air purifier helps? *sorry, this is my first experience.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a fellow father-to-be, your wife will experience alot of changes thruout this 9 months. Understand it will feel you need some me-time, and one of it could be through your smoke breaks. But I would strongly advise to start using this 9 mths to also cease and gradually stop smoking once and for all. If your wife can pick up your smoke scent now, how much more would your newborn child pick it up and be exposed to the lingering effects. It is not easy but it is time to step it up as you transit from a husband to father, and look into have alternate & healthier ways for me-time. Try your very best and seek help if need to; to quit the smokes, just as your wife does her best to deliver you a healthy child :) Jiayou bro

Read more

Yes, one symptom is heighten sense of smell… also, maybe if she was okay with the smell previously, she may suddenly hate it a lot. I love my husband’s chanel bleu but now I hate it haha

Maybe it will help better if you don’t smoke totally because the cigarettes smoke will stain on your clothes as well and can affect people around u ..