Is it better to be a subsidised or private patient at KKH? Im currently a private patient.. Was thinking of downgrading but not too sure if i should do so. Anybody has any experience to share? Thanks.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We are not with KKH but would like to share with you our experience. We are with a private hospital and we stayed with NUH in subsidised ward. I am disappointed that I could not provide my wife in enjoying the privacy in a single bed ward for her pregnancy in a private hospital, not even as private patient in NUH. We made this decision purely for the estimated million dollars bill in this triplets pregnancy if we stayed with the private hospital. My wife has had a tough pregnancy throughout, and we are in and out of A&E and warded frequently. Despite being a subsidised patient, NUH has a dedicated team of Professors, Consultants and healthcare professionals monitoring our pregnancy progress. The staff in NUH Clinic and Wards, including the housekeepers, are not only professional, they are dedicated, always giving encouragements and treated us with due respect as to be Dad and Mum. The meal served is healthy and may not be fantastic seemingly to me as compared to other hospitals, my opinion only, but we did have the luxury of going to Medical Centre, one of the three buildings in NUH, and did some dining and shopping. Today, we are proud parents, with our child safely delivered couple of months ago. We are indeed considering NUH for our future births.

Read more

My friend was a private n sub patient at KKH before for her 2 preg. She shared that there was a difference in treatment from the nurses due to the different grade. Nurses will pay more attention to the private patients as compared to the sub rate. She didnt like the treatment in sub room (buzz for long time then nurse came, food wasnt serve promptly, etc). Hence for her 2nd preg, she opted for private and was treated so much better. You might want to ask more mummies if they have similar experiences.

Read more