curious

Im 5 months pregnant and im currently under kkh at the moment. But some people that i know told me they had bad experience at kkh not sure like what kind of experience. Im curious to know how bad isit?? Anyone experience this before? Please share so i can be more aware

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just gave birth at few weeks ago. During regular check up, everything was fine and my doctor was super nice (im under private since im a Foreigner). But honestly my labor experience wasnt that pleasant. - my doctor was on leave during my labor so I was handled by stand by doctor, but she was a senior doctor so no issue on that part - due to corona virus, my husband couldn't stay with me during my 2 days stay (A1 ward), can you believe ftm just gave birth with 3rd degree tear had to take care of the baby herself? And they told me that my baby couldnt stay at the nursery because she cried alot. I went insane that time. - I wasnt so happy with nurse in charge of my labor. She increased my epidural intake and gave me anti nauseous injection (without telling me that it will make me sleepy) in the end, i couldnt feel anything and unable to push effectively - baby needed to be vacuumed but the first vaccum broke!!! Me and husband were so scared since the baby's heartbeat was dropping, in the end they need to find replacement of the vacuum - most of the ward nurses were helpful, but one or two seemed annoyed if you ask for their help. I was ftm so needed guidance for breastfeeding, but some of them looked so annoyed But Im just thankful my baby is here and healthy and try to be more positive about the experience. Perhaps you should be more vocal and speak up about what you want, but still be nice to the doctors and staffs since you will rely on their helps alot.

Read more
4y ago

I agreed. Mine was csect and I was expected to take care of my newborn on my first night. Half way I told them to bring the baby to nursery. After a few hours, they bring back to me again. I also stayed in A1 ward.