newborn flip

I put my newborn in cot to sleep, i place him lying flat. He flipped his body to side on his own. ? he is 16days old

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes babies can move even at this age and may inadvertently shift weight to flip partially. Ensure his cot is free of obstruction that may cause suffocation e.g. cot bumpers, heavy pillows and bolsters. It may be a one off thing but do monitor baby to see if he does it again. Babies typically don't flip purposefully until about 4 months old.

Read more
5y ago

Thank you so much for your advise .. will be sure the cot is free from obstruction

I used to wrap my baby in swaddle n put light bolster on both side. They feel very comfortable that way and pls make sure there isnt any cloth or anything as such near baby's face. Do keep checking on ur baby often.

yup it happens! what we did was placing 2 bolster one on each side and husk pillow on top of baby tummy 😄

Super Mum

My newborn only move her head to face the other side but not the body yet haha.. so cute...

Hi, I would suggest put pillows on either side of the baby and keep monitoring him

Super Mum

Mine does it too and he is 18 days old. So me and mum intend to swaddle tighter.

5y ago

Not too tight ofc.

VIP Member

Maybe put a bean husk pillow?

5y ago

Ok

VIP Member

Wow. He’s fast