How To Lose Weight During Pregnancy?

I am overweight and only in 20 weeks. So far I already gained 8kg since finding out I'm pregnant. Am I gaining too much and too fast for my week? I want to lose weight safely without affecting my baby.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, the average weight gain for a complete pregnancy is about 10-14kgs. I don't think it's advisable to loose weight now but you need to watch your diet, control your sugar & carbo intake. I used the link below to monitor my weight gain. Hope it helps you as a guide too. https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html?ctype=metric&pstage=8&twins=0&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=6&cpoundbefore=120&cpoundnow=130&cheightmeter=165&ckgbefore=50&ckgnow=60&printit=0&x=96&y=19

Read more

Got to calculate your in take calories per day. By right you should be increasing your calories by only 200calories more when u are in 2nd and 3rd trimester.. Your weight won't suddenly gaining too much unless you really eat too much? I actually calculated my calories intake when I was pregnant cos I'm too afraid to loss the excess after cos its really too difficult.

Read more

I'm also overweight, gained about 2kg. 19 weeks now. Doctor says not to take too much sugar and carbs. I have enough reserves 😂 But i do take sweet food, just try to control.

VIP Member

Im also overweight and i gain mire than 15kg. My gynae didnt say anything. Most importantly is your baby gaining weight and growing healthily. 😀

VIP Member

Don’t worry.. it’s quite common to gain Weight .. u can reduce after delivery so don’t worry abt it just njoy the phase .. tc

TapFluencer

I gained 22kg baby came out at 36 weeks weighing 3.2kg. So i guess yours is ok if you have any issue check with your gynae.

I think is quite common to gain 8kg at 20 weeks.. just check with ur gynae is it fine based on your weight

Its common to gain weight! I gained close to 15kg during pregnancy. Just try to cut down on the sugar :)

VIP Member

Must see how overweight you are before pregnancy to see if 8kg is ok at 20 weeks.

Super Mum

Your gynae should be able to advise you on weight issues.