Can I survive without a helper?

I have a pair of 16 mo twins who need a lot of attention, and a newborn baby. Moving out from in law house to a 4 room flat soon. I do not like to have strangers (helper) at home. And I do not trust them in taking care of my kids. So I sent my twins to ifc and taking care of my newborn myself. Helper helps in the morning before twins go to school. And after kids come home. Ifc is not within walking distance. Do u tink it’s possible to do without a helper? Anyone with similar situations can share your experience? TIA!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, if you are a SAHM, it can be done but schedule will be hectic. As you're with your in-laws now, get them to help check on newborn while you attend to twins. Since newborn will be in cot most of time, you have more time with twins when they're back home. If all awake, they can bond together. When you move out, do get a part-time helper to do housework. You can use a baby sling/carrier for your newborn when sending/fetching twins from ifc. If unwell, do get your in-laws to pop by to help. Hope all goes well :)

Read more

I feel that your kids are still young thus it's not easy to handle all 3 LO together. I would suggest you getting a good helper and if you are worry maybe stay around to watch over here and there. Treat the helper like a friend or family member, they will treat you and your LO the same. Do not be scare by all the negative news out there.

Read more
VIP Member

Are you a SAHM? If you are, yes, you can manage. When my children is at ifc or preschool, I will bath and feed the youngest. Put baby to bed, do housework and prepare lunch. Fetch children from pre-school, feed them, play for a while and get them to nap. A bit hectic but manageable

5y ago

Are your kids around the same age? My elder twins still need to rock to sleep and still cannot self fed. And it’s hard when they are sick (sometimes u fall sick at the same time as well). And how do u fetch ur kids from preschool while ur youngest at home?

VIP Member

Hi it is possible to get a good helper, you just have to shortlist carefully(: If you are still skeptical perhaps you can get your parents or in laws to help out a bit coz your older kids are still very young after all and require lotsa attention

it's going to be hectic for sure, but nothing is impossible if you want to do it. call for help if you need to? can your mother or in law pop by once in a while to give you some help?

It sometimes really gets hectic but it can be managed. But if possible, get a helper so that you can also have peace of mind:)

Do you have any trusted nanny near your place that is able to help?

VIP Member

Wow. It sounds like a lot on your plate. Why do you not want a helper?

5y ago

it’s hard to get a good helper.

VIP Member

It’s possible! Anyway your parents can help like a day of 2

how about considering freelance baby sitter ?