No support

I just had my first child and we don’t get any support / help from our parents (either working or already taking care of my sibling’s kids). I always wanted two kids but sometimes it can get really overwhelming when we have to juggle between work (WFH) and taking care of our child. We enrolled our child into IFC but hasn’t been going to school due to the spike in cases. We don’t have a strong need to get a helper as I will not want the helper to care for my baby. Just hope to get some advices / thoughts before making any decision.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I personally stopped working for 2 years to care for my son until he was old enough to go to childcare. I’m also aware that it’s a luxury to be able to stop working for awhile. At that time I also didn’t have to face the challenge of Covid. My son still goes to childcare now despite the spike in cases though. Best to have a discussion with your husband to weigh your options.

Read more

I just delivered two months back and im feeling overwhelmed at times. I dun hv anyone who can help tc and dun hv a plc at ifc yet. I yink u shld discuss wif ur spouse. I nv tot of stopping wrk thou i earn v little. Hb wants mi to continue to wrk so tat i can spend on myself 😅😂

It always helps to discuss the options with your partner on this. Weighing options and then deciding