HOW TO MANAGE A NEWBORN AND HELPER AND BEING FTM??

Stay at home Mommies with a newborn and a toddler attending sch , how do you guys manage everything? How do you manage your expenses depending on the money given by your husband? How do you guys manage housework with a growing baby. Don’t have support on both my side n husband side, unless emergency then can leave at his sister house. Other than that, I’ll be the full time care taker. Due in a week. How do yall tc of a baby, handle a toddler (who attends school too) , house work, cooking etc etc etc: pls advice. Worried that I might lose my head. Not keen on taking helper

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same toddler in childcare, newborn, no helper. My hubby works shift and so he is often the one doing the laundry but I'm still the one folding cz can't trust him to fold properly 😅. We kind of have an unspoken agreement tt whenever one of us is not handling any kid (when toddler is in sch and baby is sleeping or with either of us) we'll do some cleaning, be it vacuum, dishes etc but of course I'm still the one doing more cz I have a certain way of arranging things. We engage part time helper every 2 weeks to deep clean the house. Yes it gets exhausting for me whenever he's not home and I've to handle both kids alone but u'll get a hang of it. Expenses wise, we're alright cz I'm actually working (currently on maternity leave) so no issues financially. For the main baby essentials like diapers etc, my hubby pays. For me, I'll just buy whatever else within my means (can't help scrolling online while breastfeeding!😅)

Read more

dishwasher, dehumidifier/dryer for laundry, robotvacuum for daily floor cleaning. Close windows and on not too cold aircon so your house will be very clean without dust entering from outside. pre-cut your vegetables so you dont chop daily. bulk cook frozen meals to reheat (please share recipes with me!) engage the help of your first child but go easy on the child. encourage child to wear mask in school so he/she don't fall sick. it's no joke when everyone in the house falls sick one after another. that's the hard part to handle.

Read more

no helper, no help too. when I gave birth to my 2nd baby, my 1st born is 2 years old, and I didn't engage Confinement Nanny. Husband took 1 month PM leave instead of 2 weeks paternity leave. He sent my elder boy to Childcare at 7am when he's out for work. He reached home around 2 pm and started preparing dinner and picking up my boy at 430pm. we share the workload together After my husband's one month PM leave, I handle everything myself, including pick up my boy from Childcare it's not easy but manageable

Read more
4mo ago

My husband is so scared to let go of the helper because he doesn’t want to lose his freedom. He’s the type who spends atleast 3 nights outside with his friends until late night, and he is get angsty at the thought of coming back home to having housework to help out with. He wants to keep the helper but I don’t want the helper anymore . I’ve made up my mind. Now I feel like he keeps picking on my cleaning , and the way I’m taking care of my toddler ever since I told him I’m planning to get rid of the helper. Sigh so it’s making me doubt myself

I have a baby and helper and can’t imagine without any help at all though, usually those that I know have help from parents or in laws if no helper.. will need a lot of support from your husband definitely but if he’s working full time and if he’s going to be unhappy about having to do house chores also it might strain your relationship? And less time for you and him to spend time with kids too since you’ll need to do house chores..

Read more

Sounds like your husband is not manly enough to fulfil his husband/father role.