I feel being a bit unattached to my husband..sometimes i wish we were younger back when times was still fun,chasing, and laughing and making love to each other every week. It's pretty hard to keep that spark right now that we have a kid and married and so many obligations to face..have anyone felt the same way once?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in that state once, wondering why does it have to be like that. Why we lost interest in each other? Is it because we took each other for granted, we think we understand each other too well, no incentive to please or make it work better? or all other lame excuses. Then one day, I decided to change thing for the better, and I decided to fall in love with my wife again. Yes, I try to remember the person she was and still s, that the same person that make my heart skip a beat or two whenever I am with her. I would think of the time when we would not say goodbye over the phone, the time I long to see her, the scribbling of her name on my note book. Yes, all those special and precious moments I shared with her. Then, I start to look at her imagining that we are both teenagers again, when I steal glances at her, I could see the beautiful person that she used to be and still in my eyes. my heart would pounds faster, I will get excited and when I hug her, it was as though I am hugging her for the 1st time, her kiss is so sweet and potent, that I began to get light headed. Now after more than 20 years of marriage, I still believed that I have married the most beautiful woman in the world and I long for the warm remembrance I get when I go home from work, and can't wait for the hot passionate nights when we are alone in our bedroom. Thinking back when I felt bored and distant in my marriage, I must have been dumb and blind, and not to see and treasure my beautiful significant other. May all you feel lack of excitement and feeling, don't just complaint about it, renew the fire in your heart and fall in love with your spouse all over again, you will find new excitement and fulfilling love, more than ever before. Trust me.

Read more

Sometimes I just want to curl up in bed and not be disturbed by the hubby, kids, work. And luckily for me, my husband respects that I need some personal space. But I always remind myself that I have a family who loves me and wants to spend time with me. So once I've had my me-time, I make sure to spend time with them, too, especially my husband. He's my partner in crime and so I know that I have to constantly provide him affirmation that I love him and care for him. Sometimes I don't want to have sex because I'd rather read book, haha! But I go ahead and make love to my hubby so he's happy. I also enjoy the fact that I can still pleasure him that way. And hubby tries his best as well to make me happy in bed and outside of the bed. Nobody said that marriage is easy - it's hard work, and we have to put our effort into making it successful. But whenever you're feeling low, just take a selfish moment to have some alone time. Tune out everyone and everything and just relax, enjoy the moment of solitude. Being lazy can be a good thing because it helps you recharge and forget for a while all that worries you. Then once you feel recharged, you'll feel game enough to tackle all that's concerning you. I hope this helps!

Read more

Hello, I think this is a phenomenon with every couple on this Earth. When I read my sentence I still do not think I am overrating this thing by including 'every couple'. You know it happens with each one of us. When we begin with the marriage all seems hunky dory. Couples are so much in love, they cannot feel the world around except each other and then the fairytale suddenly loses its charm. But, isn't this the next step to everything. Do not we get bored of everything once we have it? Yes, we do, I think. But marriage is not a thing, so it requires us to keep working to make it going. I guess, all relationships demand our hard work to keep it going and marriage is above all. Even though, two people stay together, they are the ones who are the most distanced. I think, if there is love in marriage everything can be rekindles. If you know your partner loves you deep within and is just bogged down by responsibilities and priorities in life, you should work to make your relationship better. Following is the link that mentions the most mundane things but if you follow them, all will be fine. http://www.relrules.com/7-ways-to-bring-back-the-love-in-your-relationship/

Read more

Hi there.. being a Husband of a working Wife,I kind of understand how you feel(on the male prospect). By the time I come home from work, both of us would be too tired to do anything. Fortunately for us, we have a helper. After the 3rd month of the arrival of our 1 st Daughter(thats when I felt neglected) I spoke to my Wife and told her how I felt. We decided to have Thursdays to ourselves for movies/dinner or shopping just to ourselves. Please note that this is not being selfish but by doing this, it helps the relationship between daddy and mummy to improve. I also explained to her that firstly, she had to take care of the Champion in the mirror( that’s HERSELF) before anyone else!! Hope this helps and hang in there. Things can only get better.👍

Read more

Hello, To be honest it happens to me as well when I am upset with my husband or when we are not communicating with each other, or when we have fought. I think, communication is very very important to keep going. The first step to get that charm back is to start communicating enough with your partner. If you are talking enough then all other will fall in place automatically. And I am saying this with so much conviction because I myself go through such phases. By phases, I mean, that this thing happens over and over again and the feeling of lost love and feeling of being unattached keeps coming back. It is how we work on it and deal with it to make it fine. So, communicate with your husband as much.

Read more
VIP Member

It’s understandable to become unattached sometimes. But it’s only temporarily. Worry not, you are not alone. Many couples go through this but bounce back to their normal serves after a while. You are still young and there is a lot to see still, so take each day as it comes. You are thinking about this or considering it an issue is in itself the first step to solving this “issue.” If you feel too unattached, perhaps you can discuss ways to become attached again with your partner. Spending alone time, going out for a movie or even just a quick 15 mins walk alone can make a huge difference. Worry not, all will be well. Wish you and your hubby the very best.

Read more

Hmm.. There was an article i read where it says love expires but it does come back. I strongly believe it. I still keep falling on the same person naman. 🙂But don't expect him to initiate to step-up on your relationship. Do something. Sometimes it is just a matter of mindset. Reminisce why did you fall for him. Don't drown yourself with whatever problems you are going through or negativities.. Don't loose the hugs and kisses..

Read more

I have not faced this till now! But I guess marriage is such a thing that needs to be worked upon always, and not taken for granted. Take a break and speak out to your husband. There are no situations in the world that cannot be solved with proper communication. But be careful, you will be tempted to start the blame game while talking, keep it aside n talk innocently. Hugs.

Read more

getting married is so easy but being in a married life is a life process na kelangan mong harapin. if you feel unattached to your hubby maybe kulang lang kayo sa communication. even both of you are busy kelangan may time pa din kayo sa isat isa. go on a date just like before. basta make sure gano man kadami hinaharap nyong problema you two still have time to each other.

Read more
VIP Member

Plan and schedule a together time at least once a week. We will spend time together doing his or my favourite thing once baby is asleep. We’ve been together for 11 years and baby is 2yo now. We also plan to do different activities with our girl like cycling, trekking etc whenever both our off days meet. That’s how we keep our bond strong.

Read more