My hubby & me cannot agreed on how many kids to stop, he want 3, i only want 2 at maximum. I tried communicate and explained to him, as our financial and my emotional not allow we have more than 2 kids. I will like to know the best contraceptive method that effective and won't affect my breastmilk supply... and best how to convince him !

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I m in the same spot as you! my hubby wanted a 3rd one & hoping is a girl. but I m very tired, be it financially or physically. I had lost all my strength & energy dealing with my 2 boys. but my hubby find it cute & sweet if can have another girl. I asked him how can u guarantee tat it will be a girl? I discuss with him on the financial part especially we need to send the kids to child care & infant care and this really cost alot plus government not really giving much help when comes to the need of child care & infant care.

Read more
7y ago

Ya lor, i got alot surround me 3 straight gal or 3 straight boy. Me myself really doesn't matter. But husband have think different. He said can find part time job. Then end up he will be not much time at home. FOR WHAT!

VIP Member

Well. He needs to know how tiring it is when it come to looking after children. you can try IUD for prevention

Read more
7y ago

The problem he is a quite hands on daddy. But he alr 40 and I'm in mid 30s, I really no energy to chase and I don't want to keep nagging/ shouting lo, but i think i can't control when too much kids to discipline, as my kids age gap is small. Btw i read ppl on copper IUD still got alot of accident and hormonal IUD same with other hormonal precautions will cause some mother breastmilk drop. I don't dare take the risk as my #1 I'm a just enough supply mum. .

U mentioned that u are not financially ready for a #3. Doesn't he feel the same? Work out the sums with him

7y ago

I think.. u sit down. Write out the household monthly expenditure. N show it in his face

why does he want another kid, maybe you should hear and ask him?

7y ago

got same situation mummy. but now no choice as im expecting now for #3, as for myself i just wanted 2. after this maybe we'll just stick to condom. but need more advises to gynae as i dont want to have more...sigh😥