How many is enough?

I have 1 boy and coming to have a girl. Before I was married, I wanted alot of kids like as many as I can. But I married late at my 30s. First was boy, after having boy, I wanted more! So we tried and failed. Then after 2 years I'm pregnant with girl! In my mind it's just nice. Boy and girl. My husband is thinking about the 3rd. I'm thinking maybe I want to stop at 2 due to some reasons. Pls comment why u want certain amount of children in your life.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have 2 boys and not planning to add more . Having children , is not about loneliness (if u only have 1). If u are capable to give the 2nd child much love , energy to care for them , acknowledge their feelings and tantrums( being very patient) , bigger accomodations (they need own room when they are older too) , financially stable (u need good income to give them best of education and play time too) . If u are able to provide for them all the above , u can consider having more than 1 .

Read more

Before i was 30, i wanted 2 kids. One boy one girl is good enough. But then who knows i was strike with infertility. Went through ivf and finally pregnant at the age of 34. If i can have 2nd child it would be a bonus else im contented with one. As im will be able to give our best to him. There is no right or wrong in how many child/ren u want in your life. It depends on your financial status as well.

Read more

I currently have 1 and although my husband and I hope to have two, we'll see how it goes. I'm also considered to be in my late 30s this year. You need a lot of energy to raise a child and the whole process of conceiving to giving birth is long and taxing on our bodies. I guess if I'm younger, I won't hesitate to have more. Depends on the life stage you're in and financial also.

Read more

I wanted 2 but when I see all the enrichment costs both in and outside of preschool and the yearly price increase for the upper levels to Primary, I want to faint! That is double the costs if I have two and I can’t be unfair and let only one have enrichment and tuitions. I want to provide the best education I can afford to both

Read more

2. i want 1 boy 1 gal. I am in my early 30s.jus give birth to a boy last Yr and hope to try for a gal in 2 yrs time. I wanted 1 but husband wanted 3. so we compromise at 2 as husband said that 1 will be lonely thus I agreed for 2.

It all depends on individual household finance. If you have extra $ why not? If not, please dont. Its so sad to see children suffering from financial issues. Age wise, you can talk to your PD 😊