How to reject someone politely

Hey mummies..I've been blessed some toys for my kids and I chatted abit with the blesser. After I received the items and thanked her, I thought we will end the conversation. However she says want to have playdate (my kids and hers are almost same age) however I've told her it's hard for me to go out as husband works weekend too that means I have to bring my 2 kids( 1 and 3yo) to meet? She doesn't stay near me either. I told her I can't really go out. Then as our kids almost same age she knows my boy birthday is this month and she ask me what my boy likes she wanna get him a birthday gift. I rejected as I'm not comfortable we only chatted for less than 1 hour? Then she proceeds to ask again says she is getting something and asks if I want to get too for my kids..then says she wanna buy these 2 toys for my kids..I rejected her again but she says treat as cny gift..i rejected her..today she msg me again says her girls got extra for Christmas presents and she wants to give my kids. I appreciate her kind thoughts but I'm really not comfortable with such generous gesture even though we only speak like less than an hour? How do I reject her politely and to stop bugging me? 😅 Kind of annoying. She also knows im going back to workforce this year after my younger one goes to cc and she says will help me to keep a lookout..appreciate it but i don't even know her? Understand she might just want to be friends but I feel weird? Can't keep thinking is she trying to sell me something in future or what? Help pls.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel instead of ghosting and just replying emojis because you are uncomfortable, is not a good way to handle the situation. Communication is two ways, if you are uncomfortable. Be honest, beating around the bush and ghosting are behaviours that should be avoided for effective communication. You should just say " I appreciate your gifts and kind gesture offering your help, however I am not very comfortable with it as we are not very close. I would appreciate if you could understand my point of view. Thank you so much once again." Treat people just the way you would like to be treated.

Read more

I usually just put 😊 or react emojis to the message then MIA (pretend I forgot to reply lol) if I don’t feel comfortable or I don’t want to continue the chat. Not everyone are blessed with cars and 2-3 helpers on standbys. I know they meant well but if I already rejected and she doesn’t accept it, then it’s her problem 😅.

Read more
3mo ago

Thanks

VIP Member

Better to be silent for her messages, and ignore . Later she understands might be not interested. She seems disparately looking for some friendship or something. If you are not comfortable better ignore at the start it self .

4mo ago

Yes don't know whats her motive. Even if she is purely looking for friendship I find she is a little too abrupt which makes me feel uncomfortable?

You have a right to reject someone suspicious which u only know for a short period of time.Take care of ur family & children is more important.Just msg her ur busy.That's all.

there are people who are like that. n I always tell them why I uncomfortable because if I don't give return gift or know u that well, I really don't want take.

I will feel so stressed out if I were you. just react to her messages with emoji, hope she will get it

4mo ago

Yes I feel stressed when she msg me again another day saying want to give my kids the Christmas presents that her daughters had which are duplicates!

Not very normal, I think I’ll b freaked out too. Just reject n ghost her afterwhich

Just read and no reply or reply at a much later time. She will get it. Let’s hope

just ghost her

3mo ago

ok thanks

TapFluencer

silence :)