How do you all say no in a nice manner when rejecting your spouse request for sex?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well it depends if you are rejecting him due to a short-term thing or is it like post natal not gonna have sex for 3-4 months thing. If it's the first, I would string him along and leave him with blue balls n promise him satisfaction over the weekend. Think, "baby, i can't wait to ravish your body this weekend. I'm gonna sleep in tonight so we can have a crazy animalistic good time this weekend." The second situation needs frank honesty and also a timeline, so something like, "baby, I love you like CRAAAAZY. But this whole motherhood thing has killed my mood - and I don't think we will be having sex for at least 4-6 months. I am so sorry. I know you're disappointed and so am I, but I am honestly way too exhausted and in pain to think of doing the nasty with you. I know you understand and I love you so much for being my pillar of support."

Read more

Normally, I will just let him know the truth I.e. I'm too tired or I just don't have the mood for it. Most of the times he understands as I have to care for both my kids alone. Although it may hurt them a little bit but truth is always better. Or you can talk to him about it during daytime on why you are not into it.

Read more

I think if it is jus a night of tiredness etc , can jus let him know truthfully . They should be able to understand .. I usually let my hubby know and he will understand. But we will still cuddle and hug to sleep for that night .. It is still something nice to show that we love him:)

Be honest with him, that's what I do and I'll even suggest that my partner go play his PS4 or computer games (which i can't stand usually) to keep his mind off sex haha. Oh and I always promise to make it up to him (overtime) the next time he asks ;)

8y ago

Think the overtime really works :)

there is no nice way to say this but to say no in a straight and honest way. then again depends on how many times and how often you say it ;)

VIP Member

You should always let him down easy. Don’t let it feel like a rejection. More like a see you later rather than bye bye forever. 😂

if we have not been fighting then i tell him why i don't want to, but if we have been fighting then i just say i dont want to...lol

VIP Member

I will just say. Not today. You self service first ok? i will make up to you other day with your fave.

I usually just say I'm tired or maybe later. At times I jokingly tell him to make an appointment. lol

More of a short term issue :) Just doesn't have the mood at times due to kid & work